Is 357 SIG too much for a Glock?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by damienv, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Coug

Coug

Where in Washington? I am amazed at your ability to break the Trigger Pin with such regularity...I have replaced many broken trigger springs but never a trigger pin. -Coug (Glock Certified Armorer)

2. roygun

roygun

Coug- My wife (armorer) said the same thing. She's never done an R&R on pin. I would advise our friend that this pistol with such a history qualifies as a "not safe to shoot" until this issue is remedied. I wonder what else might be burned, bent, broken & ready to fail.?

3. damienv

damienv

Hello Again,

I live in the Seattle Area and am taking my 32 to the GSSF match this weekend. The folks at Glock think it my be the locking block. They asked me to have the armorer look at it and if necessary, send it to them. They are sending me some trigger pins in the mail.

The first time I did it was at John Farnum's course. He carries a 32 as well and had never seen/heard of this issue before.

D

4. damienv

damienv

By the way, I am not a certified armororer but I have worked on Glocks for years and everything else seems to be as it should be. I have not had an oppurtunity to look at the block yet.

D

5. roygun

roygun

I recently inspected a fellow shooter's GLOCK at an IDPA match after he was getting erractic operation. I found a crack on the left lateral side of the locking block.He was using an aftermarket metal guide rod & uncaptured spring. In addition to a crack in the frame a small chunk of metal was gone from the front of the block. his was a 40S&W. The guys will take care of you at the GSSF match. We sent the broken block back and he got a whole new lower.......Good Luck and let us know how your problem was resolved.

6. Coug

Coug

As long as you get it looked at you should be fine. I just moved over to the dark side of the state (near Bothell). My first thought was an out of spec locking block. Anyway good luck with your gun. It sounds like something very wrong is happening with it. I wouldn't put it past Glock to replace the receiver if there isn't anything obviously wrong with your re-assembly. Just make sure that it's put together correctly before you take it to the GSSF match. If its wrong you may have to wait until it breaks again before they replace it (but I doubt it). Heck if there is a real problem they may be able to swap it at the match (I have no knowledge if they can or not, wouldn't it be nice). -Coug

7. damienv

damienv

The saga of the sick 32 has ended!
    At the GSSF match in Shelton WA, the armorer disassembled my Glock and the locking block came out in 2 pieces. Hmmmm… It certainly was not broken when the first pin broke, but it finally gave up the ghost. It is a credit to the gun that it functioned )albeit roughly, with a broken locking block and trigger pin. The armorers replaced all the springs and pins in my 32 and my 35 (6 inch barsto barrel), and changed the trigger in my 35. Much better now. They also changed the followers and springs in all my mags. All was done free of charge. GSSF is a great program.

They were also selling preban, nonmetal lined bright orange training mags. They are ugly but they work great.

Thanks for all the input.

8. damienv

damienv

Went to the GSSF matchi in Shelton WA and turned by 35 (6 inch barsto) and my sick 32 over them. I had not dissasembled the 32 since the second pin broke. When they removed the pins the locking block fell out in two pieces. They replaced all the pins,recoil springs and extractors in both guns. They upgraded all the followers and springs in my carry mags and armorer cleaned both weapons. All for free. Got to love GSSF.

Interestingly, they also were selling new, preban, non metal lined, bright orange training mags for Glock 23's. They are ugly but they work!!

Thanks for all the imput. My 32 is back and all is well with the world.