close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

IRS using Middle East call center????

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Teej, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Teej

Teej

Yesterday morning I called the IRS. After finally getting a live human to speak to I explained what I needed. I spoke to a very professional AMERICAN man. He determined I needed to speak to another dept. and put me on hold.

After several minutes of muzak a woman with a very strong middle eastern accent picked up. Asked me all of my personal identification questions, etc. I spent 20 minutes on the phone with her, asking her to repeat often due to her accent, but she was professional.

After hanging up I started wondering if I just happened to get connected to an IRS employee of middle easteren decent.

I start relaying this story to my friends and a good friend of mine answered that the same happened to him last week and that he finally asked the IRS person on the phone about their accent and the person on the phone told my friend that HE WAS Pakistani!!

So my question Glocktalkers, did my friend and I just happen to get IRS workers of middle eastern decent or....... is our United States of America's Internal Revenue Service using calling centers in Pakistan or any other middle eastern countries??????????

If so, I for one have some BIG issues with this and think MORE of America needs to know this.

2. Fragman

Fragman

I have spoken to IRS a few times. Only got Americans. Really nice ones too.
    I also seem to remember reading somewhere that federal money can't be used for outsourcing or something like that. Can't get more 'federal money' than the IRS.

Wish I could recall the context of where I heard that. Suppose I could dig around....

ETA:
    I can't find anything that helps me remember the source of my statement above. Might not be correct at all! Still, I can't fathom them outsourcing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012

3. Teej

Teej

Well I have to call back in a couple of weeks. If I get another IRS reprentative with a middle eastern accent I'm flat out going to ask them what country they are speaking to me from?

Again, the first man I spoke to was American. After he transfered me and I was on hold for several minutes, then this person with the middle eastern accent picked up.

4. Teej

Teej

guess no one knows?

5. DaneA

DaneA

No, you were speaking to the call center in Chicago. Staffed by obama's family.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

6. jeepinbandit

jeepinbandit Sgt. USMC

:rofl::rofl:

7. JW1178

JW1178

I hate jobs being outsoursed but honestly, I would rather see jobs outsourced rather than given to a bunch of smug, snotty, rude, unproductive, overpaid union government employees.

It's hard to understand Habib but at least we don't have to pay him double the salary for 60+ years for 20 years of service.

8. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

Good. I hope it pisses people off. Why would it surprise anyone? The IRS and IRS agents are scumbags. Outsource the whole friggin bureau to the 3rd world.

9. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

Pakistan is in the Middle East? HH

10. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Isn't Pakistan is where the ay-rabs live?

11. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

No, that's Michigan. HH

12. JW1178

JW1178

The IRS would feel right at home in the middle east with all the other terrorists organizations.

13. skeeter1959

skeeter1959

No...Middle Earth. :rofl:

14. USAF96815

USAF96815

:upeyes:

15. droidfire

droidfire

To clarify - you have no problems with shipping the kind of information the IRS has, and the depth of it, on American citizens to another country?

Sending to a part of the world in which...

...well, think about it.

16. Teej

Teej

THANK YOU!!!! Someone with the same concerns as I. The kind of cyber financial attacks that could be launched on America and our citizens with this kind of, and AMOUNT of personal info is very scary.

That is IF IN FACT THERE IS a IRS call center for ANY IRS department that is within another country. How can we find out if in fact there is?????????

17. certifiedfunds

Clearly you've never had any dealings with them.

It would be a beautiful thing for every IRS employee to get outsourced.

18. Z71bill

Z71bill

There are millions of American citizens that speak with an accent. If you think someone with a "strong middle eastern accent " can't be American you are not very bright.

BTW - it is also not a good idea to get tax advise from the "800" IRS number.

Not sure why you needed to call them - but understand that anything they tell you or agree to over the phone will mean NOTHING -

You could call the IRS 5 times with the same simple question and get 8 different answers. :dunno:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  19. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

Naw, that call center is right here in the good old USA. The IRS uses call centers in prison, part of a dual program to provide meaningful employment for prisoners and to begin training them for full time IRS field agents when they get released. It is a wonderful program - I wish all our government agencies were so progressive.

:) sarcasm off :)

20. certifiedfunds

well, if you need a huge staff of scum sucking thieves, prisons are the right place to recruit, no?