close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Iron Butt Association

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by ndbullet500, Jul 12, 2006.

1. ndbullet500

ndbullet500 Unmutual

Any IBA members? I did 1064 miles in just over 19 hours and 40 mins on a CB750. That is a heck of a long day on a motorcycle. But now I have a sweet license plate frame - "Iron Butt Association - World's Toughest Motorcycle Riders".

I always wonder if anyone ever notices it and if so what they think.

Anyone else do it? How far and how long?

2. beemerphile

beemerphile CLM

I am IBA #8914. I did mine on a 1992 BMW R100RT. Don't remember the miles or times. I started in Athens, GA and logged the 1,000+ in Council Bluff, IA. I wanted to make sure I had the ride bagged before I continued longer. Then I rode on to the middle of Nebraska. Total ride was about 1,250 but there was nowhere open at the end to make it my official mileage. I was glad I stopped when I did to register the distance. I've since beat the 1,000 mark many times but haven't recorded any of them. The record-keping is a PITA.

Lee

3. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I'm not an "official" Iron Butt member but I've logged a couple of 1000-miles days. The first time sucked for me because I had three hours of sleep the night before. The second time was a breeze because I had good rest the night before. My throttle hand got tired, of course but that was it. And amazingly enough I logged both times on my Aprilia instead of the Beemer. It would have been too easy on the Beemer, what's with the Throttlemeister and the boxer twin jugs acting as highway pegs.

4. wolfy692005

wolfy692005 pro tinkerer

road from st louis to riverview fl just over a 1000 miles on the custom built softail.. did not log the miles in on the end of the trip though.. i will do it again soon... and i plan on logging it right..

5. norton

norton

I'm impressed with you thousand miles guys.
    Most I ever did in 24 was about 750, on a 1981 Yamaha Seca, without a fairing, returning home from the Brainerd Minn. race track after an AMA superbike race.
    I met lots of Iron Butt guys at the old Space Coast BMW campground, near Flagler Beach during bike week at daytona.

6. BCM

BCM

Not a member, but I've done 1100mi. and change in just over 16 hrs. I put 55000 mi. on my K1100RS in 3 yrs. Did a 10 day, 5500mi. ride from southern NH to Fairbanks, AK in Aug. '98(10580mi.) Also did a trip from Fayetteville, NC to Anchorage, AK in '78 on a KZ400 Kawasaki(10682mi.)
    3 different 2200mi. trips from NH to Co. in 3 days and the list goes on, but my hats off to the IBR, especially the guy that made it from Prudhoe Bay, AK to Key West, Fla (10,400mi.)in something like 4 days and 10 hrs!!! riding a Ducati!!!!!! now thats a feat that will in the record books for some time!

7. ndbullet500

ndbullet500 Unmutual

Damn man, that's a long ride on a KZ400. I had a '74, one of my friends has it now. They always seem to seep oil at the cyl/head junction. I liked riding the vertical twin around town, not sure if I would like it as much from AK to NC. That's a nice adventure.

8. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

Not a member, but did 980 miles in 21 hours way back in '94 on my Gold Wing. Could have made it an even 1,000, but I was riding west and had to stop when I reached the ocean.

9. Lowrider 49

Lowrider 49

In 1973 on a CB750 went from Luke AFB, AZ to Dallas stopping only for gas and food to get ***** in Dallas. Today it wouldn't be worth it!!