Irish Setter boots

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Ookster, Oct 2, 2004.

1. Ookster

Ookster

Anybody wear Irish Setter boots? I'm thinking about the 1200 gram Thinsulate Snow Trackers shown here for duck hunting:

Snow Tracker Boots

Would be occasionally tromping across fields, but mainly sitting in a duck blind or a layout blind. I have some cheap Walmart boots with maybe 600 gram insulation that I've used for the past 3 years, and my feet get COLD.;P

Any opinions?

2. USPcompact

USPcompact

Best boots I've ever worn. Easily more comfortable than any pair of tennis shoes I've ever head, and they hold up great. They're all I'll ever buy from now on. Can be pricey, but the good stuff usually is.

3. yam

yam

I have a pair of the 600 deer trackers that I just got and they fit great. But like I said I just got them and have no history with them. I have been told this is the brand to buy, so I did.

4. VWglocker

VWglocker

another vote for the irish setters. they are comfortable, and tuff as nails. i have this buddy who can f*** up an anvil, and even he hasn't managed to break his

5. USPcompact

USPcompact

Whoooo, we got a comedian in every bunch. But seriously, these damn things are TOUGH! If I can't bust 'em, I doubt 99.9% of the people out there can either.

6. Ookster

Ookster

I went ahead and ordered a pair from Cabela's. I've read a lot of good things about them. Plus it's hard to beat 100% waterproof, 1200-gram Thinsulate boots for $100. The thing I dislike most about duck hunting is cold feet. Hopefully, these will help.:cool: