Iran's Ahmadinejad: Sept. 11 attacks a 'big lie'

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by DR. HOUSE, Mar 6, 2010.

1. DR. HOUSE

DR. HOUSE Everybody Lies

TEHRAN, Iran – Iran's hard-line President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Saturday called the official version of the Sept. 11 attacks a "big lie" used by the U.S. as an excuse for the war on terror, state media reported.
    Ahmadinejad's comments, made during an address to Intelligence Ministry staff, come amid escalating tensions between the West and Tehran over its disputed nuclear program. They show that Iran has no intention of toning itself down even with tighter sanctions looming because of its refusal to halt uranium enrichment.
    "September 11 was a big lie and a pretext for the war on terror and a prelude to invading Afghanistan," Ahmadinejad was quoted as saying by state TV. He called the attacks a "complicated intelligence scenario and act."
    The Iranian president has questioned the official U.S. version of the Sept. 11 attacks before, but this is the first time he ventured to label it a "big lie."
    In 2007, New York officials rejected Ahmadinejad's request to visit the World Trade Center site while he was in the city for a U.N. meeting. The president also sparked an uproar when he said during a lecture in New York that the causes and conditions that led to the attacks, as well as who orchestrated them, still need to be examined.
    At the time, he also told Iranian state TV the attacks were "a result of mismanaging and inhumane managing of the world by the U.S," and that Washington was using Sept. 11 as an excuse to attack others.
    He has also questioned the Sept. 11 death toll of around 3,000, claiming the Americans never published the victims' names.
    On the 2007 anniversary of the attacks, the names of 2,750 victims killed in New York were read aloud at a memorial ceremony.

What an asshat, I think hes just trying to provoke an attack.

Why havnt we wiped the earth with this guy yet?

2. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

This coming from the same twit that says the Jewish holocaust never happened as well... :upeyes:

3. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

He just wants to cause one of his own.

4. Altaris

Altaris

That was the first thing I thought when I read this article. That guy is a moron.

5. Mellio

Mellio

Can't really say much about this guy saying stuff like this when there are some of our own American citizens saying the same thing.

6. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

What would you expect outta' one of the terrorists that held American's hostage while Jimbo was in the Whitehouse?

7. Random

Random Anti-Midas

Americans are only saying that because it did kinda happen. Or have you forgotten the parts where we were supposed to believe the Sept 11th attacks were because "the terrorists hate our freedom"?

8. Cherokee Bob

Cherokee Bob

I think that it is interesting that he is willing to deny the reality of the Holocaust while he himself was born Jewish (Sabourjian). After his birth the family changed their name to Ahmadinejad and converted to Islam. What sort of man could deny his family and the plight of his people so as to make his own position more secure?

9. slama683

slama683

:QUOTE=Random;14889484]Americans are only saying that because it did kinda happen. Or have you forgotten the parts where we were supposed to believe the Sept 11th attacks were because "the terrorists hate our freedom"?[/QUOTE]

Rather than argue with you until your meds kick in, here's a picture of a bunny with a pancake on his head:

:bunny:

10. Random

Random Anti-Midas

Rather than argue with you until your meds kick in, here's a picture of a bunny with a pancake on his head:

:bunny:[/QUOTE]

Riiiighht. Excellent retort. I see your point.

11. byf43

byf43 NRA Patron Life Member

I recall a show on History Channel about Nostradamous (sp??), where he 'forsees' the next nuclear war will be started from around/near the beginning of civilization (Babylon/Iraq).

I have a gut feeling that "Mahmoud Imanutjob" from Iran, is going to be that guy.

I'm just sayin'. . . . .

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  12. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

We need to get him and Pat Robertson together. Between the two of them, there's enough bull$#it to go around the entire planet 4 times.

Imanutjob is just giving Conspiracy Theorists more support for their bogus beliefs. I hope they all move over to Iran and get comfy with him after this. Idiots, all of them.

13. slama683

slama683

Riiiighht. Excellent retort. I see your point.[/QUOTE]

No you don't, and I know this is pointless, but I'll go ahead anyway.

The Point is that, like all the "Truthers" and other conspiracy ghouls, you want to look at something you saw on live TV one day, reject the horrible but obvious truth about what happened and who caused it, and substitute some diabolical theory that only other super-intelligences like yourself are able to comprehend. Then, you scowl down you nose at the rest of America because we "blindly" follow along the "government-media complex" like "sheeple", while you and the rest of the "Truthers" congradulate yourselves, stroke your egos, and run off to your clubhouse.

That is the Point.

For the record:

-Al Qaeda terrorists crashed the planes into the World Trade Center all on their own without any help from secret government agents conducting a controlled demolition

-A hijacked plane did actually hit the Pentagon

-The terrorists did this for their own reasons, and I really don't care why

14. Random

Random Anti-Midas

Open discussion is never pointless. I still marvel at the the fact that we can do that and worry about how much longer it'll last. It feels... finite.

Back at it. You seem to be falling under the same umbrella as most reactionaries steered by the media. It pretty much comes down to reading comprehension and reading the words written instead of taking the sensationalized headline and writing your own words over the rest of the article. You took the emotional leap your mind was directed toward. We complain about it all the time here when it comes to guns in the media, but we do the very same thing when one of our buttons is pressed.

We seem to be reading the same article, but seeing different words. I will tell you what I see:

1) A headline directing me to downgrade everything following as the rantings of a lunatic because he's saying Sept. 11 didn't happen.

2) The 2nd line says the first isn't exxxaaactly true. The headline was to draw you in and get you worked up, but it looks like this guy actually said the "official version" about the attacks was a lie and was modified to push an agenda for war. Now, I remember some of the reasons we were told war was necessary. Some of them were lies. Obvious ones too. Unless you still think we're here to spread democracy.

3) And the part where he said the attacks were caused by "a result of mismanaging and inhumane managing of the world by the U.S," kinda rings true because THAT'S WHAT THE TERRORISTS SAID. That's been the stance of our enemy since this all came to the front pages. No one else seems to be buying the "the terrorists hate our way of life" "they need and want our style of government" "we're fighting for freedom" schtick other than us.

Those are some of the things I saw and thought when I read the article. And I truly can understand your wish to remain limited "The terrorists did this for their own reasons, and I really don't care why"
    I've gotta say that willfully embracing ignorance may help you win a fight, but it will never win a war. Sept 11th did happen. It happened for a reason. It happened for a reason that probably wouldn't have been considered worth dying for so we put a better better tagline on the banner. "That is the Point."

p.s. Do we have two identical threads running with the same title? I went to the wrong one at first. It looked like GT had gotten creative with the censoring. :)

15. Blast

Blast 'nuff said

"Troofer" ----->[​IMG]

16. GlockPride

GlockPride Glock 23

One of the only reasons I would even consider the attacks to be 'maligned' is that they used the attack to nearly immediately press some stiff legislation. Some of which has not been fully implemented yet.
    It was just some interesting items mentioned by Bush 41, like new world order, and then his son, 43, comes in and within 9 months we are 'hit'.
    I am NOT saying the islamists did not do this, as I think they really do despise us. So, instead of trying to copy us like the Chinese they wish to crumple us up under the fear of terror and using our freedoms/laws against us.
    There are some interesting points to think on. I used to be in the court of the Islamist terrorists acting alone did this. Then as I grew through my 20's and learned more things about the 'government', how big 'they' are and the things that the people have allowed them to get away with, I started thinking. That thinking led me to question many things the government does and not to just rely on big media to give it to us straight.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
  17. american lockpicker

american lockpicker License to Il

I was thinking the same thing.

18. Chad Landry

Chad Landry Cajunator® CLM

Which thread is the real one?

19. JBJ16

JBJ16

The Islamist extremist has already won, if not by actual war, at least by inconveniencing Americans and most of the West.

1. Crash a plane into WTC
    = Patriot Act, TSA body and cavity? check.
    2. Wear explosive shoes
    = more restrictions/ remove shoes at airports
    3. Wear explosive underwear
    = full-body scan etc.

. . . .I wonder what the next chapter is. The fact is, no matter how many hundreds of tons of bombs the US drops on Al Qaeda and its sponsor countries, they have achieved the desired effect (ie. To Terrorize) and the Govt. has gladly indulged them by enacting the current restrictive laws and guidelines.

. . . . The attacks has had the desired effect of limiting the freedoms enjoyed by the Western world, no matter how insignificant it is as others may think.
    :dunno:

. . . .It is therefore safe to say the more attacks the US experiences, the more it will clamp down on freedom in the Western world, so who Wins? Little by little, the free West is actually being converted into an intolerant nation not much unlike the ones with the religious police.

20. Chad Landry

Chad Landry Cajunator® CLM

You're absolutely correct.

100%

Without a doubt.