IPSC Standard Gun - Project On A Budget

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by HEAVY, Mar 6, 2007.

1. HEAVY

HEAVY "Verify!"

i want to build a standard ipsc gun but i dont want to (read : i dont have :) ) to spend a load of cash on it. baka matulungan nyo ako with your suggestions. here's the plan :

base gun : armscor 40cal hicap

mods : (the bare essentials only)

1. adjustable rear sight(bomar or LPA, fo frnt sight
    2. flgr, gunsmith-made
    3. throating, fitting, trigger-job, re-blue
    4. 3 extra mags (4 total), gunsmith +2 basepads (and maybe modded followers to max-out capacity)

that's it. bare bones. i don't even plan to put a magwell or change the springs. kung may pera pa, pang-jr speed rig na lang.

what do you guys think? is there something i'm overlooking?

2. mtho

mtho

how much is your budget for the project? or do you plan to spend as excess cash comes by?

3. HEAVY

HEAVY "Verify!"

i plan to buy the basegun sa gunshow.

next, buy mags. mod them one by one.

compete with the gun in stock state and slowly add on as money becomes available.

4. Allegra

Allegra

basta sa tipid , expert ako jan
    1) you dont need an adjustable rear sight
    2) you dont need a flgr ( someone tell me why it's needed)
    3)you dont need to re blue kasi magsgas din yan sa dami ng dryfire
    No need for throating kung di naman nag jajam
    Trigger palitan mo ng maganda ( gunsmith made ), then have the trigger pull done by a smith , if your a beginner mga 4-5lbs

There , I just saved you a lot of money for the jr speed rig

Remember basta gasgas baril mo,bago oakleys mo, at nakataas collar mo mapgkakamalan ka na top shooter

5. HEAVY

HEAVY "Verify!"

hmmm...mapraktis na nga yan. thanks for the tip, sir allegra.

teka...baka yung natipid ko mapunta lang sa oakley. :rofl:

6. Allegra

Allegra

suplado effect ako , para di halata galing 168 yung mang rudy's project ko

7. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

Try mo humingi ng magandang discount kay JRSpeed ng complete rig! PM mo siya, mabait yon!

you have good experience with metrillo's trigger work so you can stick with that pero if i were you, regarding the parts, i'd invest in the following parts:
    1. hammer
    2. sear
    3. disconnector
    4. springs
    sti sear spring,
    12.5lbs recoil spring,
    wolff or ismi mag springs,
    17 or 19 lb mainspring
    5. bomar - huwag LPA, madali masira, sayang lang. metrillo does a very low mount bomar installation to get max load of fat .40 rds in the mag with his basepads.
    6. magwell - you really need a flared magwell for fast reloads, i like the s&a or weld on magwells gawa ng first option better

eto lang muna. the rest, i'd use the stock armscor parts until masira.

I am a fan of the Extreme Engineering Ultimate Trigger kit and EGW parts. Pero if it will be out of budget, I can live with EB or STI or Wilson parts...

stay away from MIM parts kasi madali masira.

you don't really need to have a super tight fit for an ipsc gun, but it's a plus factor knowing that your pistol shoots really good groupings.

good luck! post pics as it gets built!

8. mtho

mtho

Doc,
    diba kasing mahal din ng EE and egw yung EB, sti and wilson?

i've tried the cmc drop in hammer,sear and disconnector, all in I think it cost me 3,500. it gave a 2.5lb to 3lb trigger pull drop in my smith did not need to file these parts (they are mim so filing them is not a good idea) by the way the stock armscor hammer looks very much like the cmc hammer they might be the same so maybe a little tweaking with the sear spring could do the JOB and save you money instead of a full trigger job.

9. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

mas mura pa nga in the long run if you get the EE set

10. pipo

pipo

just buy the stock armscor hicap. Practise well with it and just change the parts as they break with better ones. That should be cheap enough.:) How about Norinco hicaps? I heard the 1911 hicap model is available na. NP44 ba yun?

11. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

reliability package, a good firing mechanism and good sights siguro ang unahin mo.

later on na yung mga nice to haves!

12. Chie

Chie

we had the same idea when i had my std made

the only original armscor parts that were left was the frame, slide, barrel, ms housing, beaver tail and ambi safety.

most of the internals were replaced but not with premium parts. and i only have three mag.

it cost me under 60k na :)

but i'm happy :supergrin: with it especially when i beat someone with an expensive gun! he he he

here is the pix of my blaster

hth

13. binoy

binoy

Doc.. Yung EE trigger ko ha.. Nakagat na ako ng 1911 bug eh. I got the old 16.40 para from a fellow bog.

14. HEAVY

HEAVY "Verify!"

that's the same road i'm taking, sir chie.

sa simula nga baka di ko muna palagyan ng magwell. i'm also thinking of playing with it na naka fixed rear sights lang like sir allegra suggested.

i will try to keep it in the 45k to 50k range. kasi aside from the rig, kailangan ko rin mag-stockpile ng brass. is 3 mags fine for ipsc? di ba bitin sa long course?

thanks, brothers.

15. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

I think 3 mags would be fine. I always have 4 mags ready pero hindi pa ako gumamit ng 4th mag in a course of fire. 32 is the maximum round count in a stage so 3 mags (17 each x 3) with 51 rounds should be sufficient.

Pero minsan sa Standard Exercise, kelangan 4 mags kasi meron mandatory reloads. Puede ka ng manghiram sa ibang shooters. :)

16. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Oo nga pala, here's my suggestion to you. Keep it stock, then change/upgrade as you see fit in this order.

1. Trigger Job - isang bagsakan na. Get the best hammer, disconnector and sear that you can afford. Huwag CMC, either EB, Wilson, EGW or EE.
    2. Sights - Bomar rear sight and Fiber Optic front sight
    3. Magwell - gunsmith made

Actually, dyan pa lang ayos ka na, just change the other parts as they break.

17. Chie

Chie

nothing wrong with fixed sights if you can hit the target dead center. been playing with the stock fixed sights for about 2 yrs (rarely), but had the oppurunity to buy a bomar for a reasonable price. magwell can be of a little help.

3 mags is fine, the 4th one is just incase you jam and had to unload and clear quickly, but you can always retain your mag when you clear a round in the pipe. or as batang said for mandatory change mag.

just change the ejector and extractor as soon as you get it, had a kaboom experience coz the latter failed.

i think the new armscor has the cmc hammer and sear installed already.

18. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

Heavy:

Extreme Engineering pa order ka sa states, tapos na triger job mo kasi drop in yang EE kit

The stock novak style sights ok naman pero if you chance upon a Bomar and Dawson or Brazos Microdot 0.090in FO front sight, yan ang the best combination.

yung magwell gaya ng kay Chie ang magandang magwell! ganyan pagawa mo! Maganda meron pa ring grips. i'm not a fan of the slimmed down and checkered grips with the aluminum inserts.

19. HEAVY

HEAVY "Verify!"

ako rin, doc. i like grips pa rin.

20. Chie

Chie

Uy, thanks doc sa pag puri sa cheap gun ko :supergrin: