close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ipods are taking over Microsoft.

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Wulfenite, Feb 3, 2005.

1. JMag

JMag

Couldn't happen to a better bunch...rock on Apple! Business adoption of a competing player platform will NOT win this one for Microsoft. That, sadly, did it for M$ with DOS/Windows and the PC. The world has suffered ever since...except, of course, the Mac world.

2. Glock Bob

Glock Bob Snack Attack!!!

If I actually cared to listen to MP3s all the time I'd naturally buy an iPod. Besides the Dell Jukebox, nothing compares. It's very hard for other companies to keep up with Apple's open-minded innovations and risk-taking.

3. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

My son has a 20GB iPod and I guess it's OK. I have a 1GB SanDisk MP3 player that works fine for me. It holds 10 - 15 hours of audio which is more than enough for me. Plus it has an FM Stereo tuner.

I've found that Apple's iTunes for Windows is great for organizing and playing audio files. Much more intuitive for me that Jukebox and other products.

4. Wulfenite

Wulfenite The King

I bought a 20gig ipod last week. What I realized is that I had seveal thousand dollars (couple hundred pounds)worth of CD's that I never listened to; spending a couple hundred on a pocket sized machine that would let me take all those disks with me seemed pretty reasonable. At this point I've got 1455 songs on it (4.2 days worth). They really are amazing little machines.

5. David_G17

David_G17 /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

i don't trust anyone who's only name is "the source".