close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

iPod users: Want to remove those scratches?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by srhoades, Mar 30, 2006.

1. srhoades

srhoades

I bought a used iPod off ebay, off course I was expecting sracthes but when it arrived it was a little worse than I expected.

After searching around I've seen many iPod users have had success with a product called Brasso. It's a mild metal polisher that can be had for about $3 at your local hardware store. I had great success with it.

I was unable to remove the micro scratches because all I had was used polishing cloths which were adding micro scratches as fast as they removed them. With a brand new lint free polishing cloth I have no doubt the screen would look like new.

So if you've treated your iPod badly, give it a try. You can get a like new screen and then put in in a case and keep it that way!

2. Altaris

Altaris

I used brasso everyday to shine the brass on my uniform. Is that stuff really safe to use on an Ipod?

Just curious since my ipod is full of marks. They have the most sensitive screens I have ever seen.

3. srhoades

srhoades

Google for ipod and brasso. Apparently it's old news, like 2003. But there are a lot of testimonials to its effectiveness. Just get a good clean lint free polishing cloth. You can test it on an old CD case first if you like. As with anything associated with the iPod there are a ton of cleaners and whatnot now on the market to remove the sratches, but brasso seems to be the favorite.

Here is the orignal article that I found

http://todd.dailey.info/archives/20...nano-to-new-condition-with-a-4-can-of-brasso/