close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

iPod question...

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Glockgirl26, May 24, 2006.

1. Glockgirl26

Glockgirl26

Is it possible to upload music from the iPod to a different computer's iTunes library than the original one you started with? I've been all through my iPod manual and I can't find anything that says if you can or not. When I plug it into the computer at home, the computer recognizes that it's from a different library, but won't do anything else with it but charge it.

2. Dandapani

Dandapani

Part of the digital music anti-theft campaign. You'll need a 3rd party program to do that.

3. Glockgirl26

Glockgirl26

I'm technologically challenged. What's a third party program and where would I get one?:embarassed:

4. Glockgirl26

Glockgirl26

5. srhoades

srhoades

If the music is not DRM protected, aka ripped your own cd's then just copy the music off of it like a hard drive onto the new computer and then import into iTunes.

6. Glockgirl26

Glockgirl26

Unfortunately my computer here does not have a CD burner, that was my first idea.

I also contemplated just importing a completely different library into the other computer, and swapping out the music from time to time.

Decisions, decisions.:supergrin:

Thanks for the info, guys;)

7. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

8. TECH24_glock23

TECH24_glock23

Your ipod is a portable hard drive. in the itunes prefernces enable your ipod as a hard drive, take it to the new computer and go under my computer and find the ipod. open it up and then go to tools-folder options-view-go down to show hidden files-then hit apply. this will show all of your music then you just import those files to the new itunes