close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

iPhone moving to Verizon???

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by KevR, Jan 27, 2010.

1. KevR

KevR

Along with the anticipated revealing of the new tablet, a lot of people are saying that Apple will announce they have terminated the exclusive iPhone contract with AT&T.

Assuming that is true, how many people would buy an iPhone with Verizon service over a Droid? Also assume that the price structure is the same as it currently is with AT&T.

2. MarcoPolo

MarcoPolo

I would. I currently carry a phone and an iPod Touch. This would allow me to consolidate.

3. Hound_dogs_01

Hound_dogs_01

this has been rumor for 2 years now. Why would anyone want an old school I-phone on verizons netwrk when they have the driod, the i-phone killer. Its 10's better than my buddys i-phone ever wanted to be......

Cheers.

Alex

4. Jay9928

Jay9928 I laugh at liberals.

News to me. I have Verizon.

Question.... is it true you HAVE to subscribe to internet for a Blackberry/iPhone, or a Droid ? My current phone, i can get internet via wifi.

5. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

I would be SHOCKED if Apple comes out with a CDMA version of the iPhone, especially when LTE is just around the corner. I think you may definitely see an announcement that ends AT&T exclusivity will be announced today, along with the 4.0 OS, and the long rumored iTablet/Slate/whatever you want to call it.

6. Hound_dogs_01

Hound_dogs_01

yes I pay $96 a month for unlimitede EVERYTHING on my droid.... Of course thats with my work discount

otherwise it would be $120/m

$90 for unlimited talk and text
    $30 for unlimited data package

- my 20% discount through work

Alex

7. Orkinmna903

Orkinmna903

I am about to switch to Verizon for service coverage reasons here in East Texas. I currently have the 3g and an older 2g. I love my iPhone, but the cost is driving me insane. I am thinking that i will get the new tablet when it comes out and just go back to a regular phone with Verizon. I'm tired of paying 100.00 plus for a dang phone. I know personally what a CDMA network takes to work (worked for PetroCom), and with as large of a customer base as they have 100.00+ per month is raping people IMO.

8. harlenm

harlenm Millennium Member

You won't see a CDMA iPhone, especiailly with all the ads that verizon has been shoving down our throats how bad the iPhone is.

The iPhone will be available on Verizon as a 4G phone, probably in 2-3 years.

9. loki993

loki993

I havent seen them trashing the iPhone, just ATTs network.

I have also heard the rumors and they have been going around for quite some time now, so I take them with a grain of salt. One of those things I don't think about until it happens, if it does. I probably wouldn't get one anyway, Im quite happy with my tour and a real keyboard. I wish it had Wifi though.

10. Zell

Zell IrregularMember

I think the Verizon/iPhone thing is myth. I don't think it will happen anytime real soon.

11. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Definitely a myth. Possibly a mytheth. Not a mythter. ;)

Won't happen. Just like everything else in life - just because it's a popular rumor (Paul is dead) doesn't make it true.