close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

IPAD2 and Apple suck

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by GLOCK30JOHN, Nov 3, 2013.

1. GLOCK30JOHN

GLOCK30JOHN

I have an IPAD2 that was a gift over a year ago. I set it up but never used it much. I just downloaded Kindle and some 3M program to check out books from my local library to read. I updated to the new OS7 or whatever it's called and had it connected to my computer. It froze and wouldn't do anything after the update. I eventually had to do a complete restore which is no big deal because I had nothing on there except my music which I can replace with Itunes. Now when I try to re activate my IPAD it ask for the name and password I used to activate the device originally. I have no idea what that was. I have rest my Apple ID several times but it don't take it when I try to activate. It said I needed to contact previous owner...duh .. me to get him to remove the device from his account. Apple support wants $20 to help. Basically I have a useless piece of crap now I guess.Anyone have ideas on this beside the trash. I'd never own another Apple product. There should be a place to recover and reset your info. Too many complications just to listen to music or read a few books. POS!!:steamed::steamed::steamed:

2. GWG19

GWG19

Well I will pay your shipping plus $100 to take it off your hands.

Have you ever had the blue screen of death from a micro soft product? All mechanical devices will fail.

BTW We just went through the same thing with our Shooting Clubs iPad. Apple helped us out for free.
    Turns out the guy that had it didn't install the first update to the new IOS and then it hosed up on the second update.

Another option donate it to a local school and write it off.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013

3. amd65

amd65

Hint:
    When you set up a device, write down the name and password you use...
    Don't curse manufacturer because you didn't.

4. uhlawpup

uhlawpup Gentle Soul

John, here's a hint. It's not Apple with the problem.

Is there an apple store near you? If there is, visit them. Someone at the genius bar can solve your problem quickly.

5. Stlbrian

Stlbrian

For the win

6. Punkkin

Punkkin

You should stick with pen and paper.

7. jpa

jpa CLM

fify :)

8. wizzi01

wizzi01

Well God forbid you can't use a product you bought the way you want to.

9. NavyMSU

NavyMSU

There's nothing stopping YOU from getting a developers account, writing your own apps, loading them on YOUR iPad and then using your device how you deem fit.

Apple protects their customers from harmful apps, over-protects from harmless apps and over protects in order to protect their carrier partners (in the case of wifi internet sharing and AT&T).

Sure there are some hassles there, but if you are serious, you can indeed do anything you want: just don't try to sell it on THEIR App Store if it violates a rule.

There are other app stores for iOS if you knew what you were doing (but we already know, based on your extremely short sighted and under-informed comment, that you don't).

10. Rob1109

Rob1109

Make that a pencil ......

11. wizzi01

wizzi01

Oh so you need someone to tell you how to use your product?
    It is just astounding the train of thought from people like you.

12. GLOCK30JOHN

GLOCK30JOHN

Problem solved at the Apple store. I was wrong to bash Apple because of my frustration and not understanding the device..my first experience of any Apple product.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  13. NavyMSU

NavyMSU

Wtf are you mumbling about? If you can write Objective C code, you can do anything you want with your apple devices.

But I doubt you're so tech savvy, you're just an android fanboy but have no true understanding of the technological reasons any decisions were made.

You go ahead and download all the 'hack your' xyz apps on your android device, but don't come whining to GT when those apps were just Trojan horses designed to hack your personal information and your bank account gets emptied or you identity stolen. That's why Apple is over protective.

The truth is very few users like me are truly tech savvy. Kids and grandparents or adults over 45 who are just too busy to bother want something that works intuitively and does what they need.

That's not to say Apple products are not for the tech savvy either: like I said, learn to write software and the whole world is wide open to you.

But you'll just whine and complain and be a useless slug and never do anything about it, will you?

If you want to stop being blind, here's a start:
    http://www.khanacademy.org/cs

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  14. Bow Commander

Bow Commander

Good of you to admit your mistake. I'm sure you'll seek customer service before posting a thread next time.

15. GLOCK30JOHN

GLOCK30JOHN

Yea lesson learned, experience gained, actually had to talk to Apple on phone and lady asked my 3 security questions I had used to set it up over a year ago. What was causing me issues was I used the Icloud email to set it up and couldn't remember it,I was trying to use the Apple ID and it wouldn't accept that because it was still showing owner to the Icloud one. She sent a link to reset the Icloud PW and worked. They were very helpful, and I'm liking the Ipad2 more. Not knowing or understanding a device from lack of experience didn't make me an idiot..as some tried to say on here....but posting negative about it did. Thanks for the civil reply.

16. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Silver Member

:pms:

17. wizzi01

wizzi01

Lol you made my day. I am glad I can piss off people and then they show their true character trying to insult people. Have a nice day and stop being so butthurt.

18. Bow Commander

Bow Commander

Good to hear. I know they don't mess around with security on Apple devices, so it can be a pain for someone who's honestly trying to recover their own pass code.

I've had many Apple products. I just enjoy them. I've only had to contact Apple once and was very impressed with the service. I was having an issue with my iphone 5. Called Apple, got a person who spoke clear English, they overnighted me a label to ship my phone in, and overnighted me a new phone. And this is all on their warranty, not their Apple Care insurance that costs extra. I bought my ipad2 two years ago and still love it. Many hours of games and web browsing on it.

19. drew4691

drew4691

was going to say, sounded like something to do with iCloud.. but you got your resolution before I could chime in, lol. Hope you enjoy it. Some other nice apps are Netflix (if you have a streaming account), ABC news (or any news app for that matter), and whatever free games you like. iPad is great for surfing, reading, emails etc.

20. GLOCK30JOHN

GLOCK30JOHN

Thank you, yes I have a Netflix account so I'm going to try that also. I checked out a book from my local library "Ipad: The missing manual" and have learned a lot from it. Any tips, or"secrets" and app recommendations are appreciated. My cell carrier is going to start offering the Iphone on Nov 8th and I'm going to look into that also. Don't know anything about them it was a 5c and a 5s model I think. It's offered by US cellular. Actually and Ipad air too...what ever that is. I think I'll stick with the 2 for now seems I have much to learn about Ipad 2 before I buy a new one.