Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have an update on when the iPad 2 is going to be released?

·
General Flunky
2,903 Posts
Did you see the SuperBowl add for the Motorola XOOM? Looks like apple has some competition ...

·
Registered
240 Posts
I don't know about the release date, but I picked up the current iPad versions for both myself and my wife a few months ago. She has the 3g 32gig, I got the 3g 64 gig...we both love them. With technology, you can wait until the next one comes out forever...or just buy what you want and enjoy it today.

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
I'm betting the big addition will be a camera and I don't need it or want it myself. I'm sure they will be other things but I'm as happy as I can be with mine. I never touch the laptop now

·
Registered
16,857 Posts
I was told at the AT&T store, April.

·
Monkeyboy
6,286 Posts
I'm betting the big addition will be a camera and I don't need it or want it myself. I'm sure they will be other things but I'm as happy as I can be with mine. I never touch the laptop now
Kim Komando said that's what it is.

·
Premium Member
CLM #38
10,536 Posts
Meh, I have had mine since last June and I don't go anywhere without it.

·
Banned
62,270 Posts
Did you see the SuperBowl add for the Motorola XOOM? Looks like apple has some competition ...
You mean competition like the droid phones?

Apple plays in its own league.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I don't remember liking any device so much. Can't live without it now. Highly recommend in its current shape and form.

·
Registered
421 Posts
The next gen should be announced soon. (April looks likely)

I just sold my 3G iPad, figuring the price it commands would drop once the new version is announced.
If the new model is a significant improvement, I may pick one up, if it isn't much of a change, I can probably pick up a first gen again on the cheap.

All in all, I paid about $80 to rent one for a year.:cool:

·
General Flunky
2,903 Posts
I'm not a apple fan, I'm glad to see a alternative to apple products. The android platform is slowly chipping away at apples piece of the pie.

·
NRA Life Member
1,750 Posts
Competitions good but for the last 8 months, I've yet to see a significant challenger to the iPad. Not saying there will not be one. I hope there is, as competition is good for consumers.

·
Get off my lawn
42,701 Posts
I thought Driid phones were outseleling the iphone?
If you count 78 different phones from 5 manf. and 3-5 different carriers vs. one phone by one manf by one (until this week) carrier, probably. Droid is a type of phone, not a phone. iPhone is not only a type of phone, but a very specific phone.

I was playing with a buddy's smart phone yesterday. There is no substitute.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I never touch the laptop now
For home use, it's pretty much replaced my laptop and desktop. I haven't turned on either for quite awhile.

Sure at work I still use my real computer, but around the house or traveling for work, I can get by on the iPad just fine.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts