Invitation for GTPI leftist trolls to read and comment on the The Biden-Harris Gun Control Plans

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Rex Vallachorum, Sep 24, 2020.

1. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

~10,00 built. First hit for sale was $17k.

I don't think we'll have to worry about them shooting out any bulletproof glass any time soon.

2. Ollies930

Ollies930

I still say that 80% receivers are a workaround (loophole) for existing laws. Nothing will change my mind on that one.

cbetts1 likes this.

3. syntaxerrorsix

There's no such thing as a loop hole. If there isn't a law making it illegal it is by default, legal.

trajan07, cbetts1, pgg00 and 5 others like this.
  4. Bradd D

Bradd D

It can be quite difficult to change a narrow mind. Perhaps another country would be more to your liking.

pgg00, OttoLoader and wprebeck like this.
  5. Ollies930

Ollies930

And if you want me to leave based on my opinion, would that not make you a hypocrite as that goes directly against the 1st Amendment?

6. Cubdriver

Cubdriver

Because they never steal them, right?

7. G33

G33 Frisky! Millennium Member CLM

Trolls should be traced back to home and police called.
    :)

pgg00 and wprebeck like this.
  8. Bradd D

Bradd D

There's no First without the Second.

How many firearms made from 80% receivers were used in crimes or found in the possession of criminals last year?

trajan07 and pgg00 like this.
  9. Cubdriver

Cubdriver

Why do you consider obeying the law to be using a loophole?

trajan07 and pgg00 like this.
  10. OXMYX

OXMYX

Joe will fade out and Harris will be President.

She’s a whack job and will take our firearms first thing.

And don’t think the cops are on our side for a second. Pensions talk and bullcrap walks

11. syntaxerrorsix

Gee if there were only an amendment that could prevent a tyrannical government from just doing whatever it wants...

12. Khufu

Khufu Pharaoh

That is the difference between fact and truth.

It is fact that US Law requires clear lines of what is illegal.

It is fact that there is no such thing as a "loophole" in a law. Given clear lines, something is either against the law (illegal) or it isn't. Loophole is a made up term where people who want the law to be other than what it is use the term loophole.

Truth can be different. Truth is believing that a set of incorrect fact is somehow factual.

I can jump up and down, scream at clouds and insist on my truth the the atmosphere above earth does not scatter blue light, hence making the sky blue, but the fact is blue light is scattered in the atmosphere. No matter how much truth I claim otherwise, the sky is blue.

Being factually wrong while insisting it the truth make a person look at best silly.

Sam Spade and Webologist like this.
  13. Webologist

Webologist

You're a leftist. We recognize that leftists believe that feelings are more important than reality.

Strongly held, but weakly considered, beliefs is what defines useful idiots.

Not illegal is reality.

The term loophole is how you describe something that you feel should be illegal based upon the absurd rhetoric your propagandists planted in you.

GT members are just attempting to let you know how absurd leftwing useful idiots sound to sane people...

ExecutiveWill likes this.
  14. wprebeck

wprebeck Have you seen me?

As a retired law enforcement officer who served 20 years and as a person that once held an 01 FFL....AND as the father of four kids -

I believe gun rights should be reset prior to the passage and implementation of the National Firearms Act of 1934. Want a machine gun? Cool - have at it. Want a suppressor, short barreled rifle/shotgun, or anything else that you can afford? Rock out with ya cock out, as they say.

The entirety of the 1968 Gun ControlAct should be eliminated. Period. The only reason for a serial number to be on a gun is to help return it to the rightful owner if stolen. I never have a **** about the past of any gun I ever seized from a criminal. And, the GCA certainly doesn't prevent criminals from possessing firearms of any type. The NFA also doesn't prevent chopping barrels down with a pipe cutter (seen it) or creating homemade suppressors from plastic bottles, baby nipples, etc (heard stories).

Why should I be denied the right to own these items, simply because someone misuses them? Punish that person, not me.

Regarding the child issue - I have raised four kids, two of whom are special needs, to the teen years and one into adulthood thus far. None have ever misused a gun, nor do I believe they ever will. In my family, guns are considered tools - fun tools, at times, but tools nonetheless. I have educated my kids about guns and gun safety. If another child enters my home, the guns are put away. Otherwise, they are immediately accessible to anyone in the family. Hell, the kids even know the combination to the gun safe.

Why should I be punished for this? My actions are no different than those of generations prior, before liberals infested this country and made guns an evil symbol. Any one of my kids could take a gun and do evil things with it. They could also take my steak knives, hunting knives, machetes, axes, hatchets, baseball bats, hammers, and truck/car keys to do the same. Matter of fact, the five gallon cans of gas and diesel fuel plus fertilizer that is common here on our farm could do much greater harm than any gun or guns that I own.

And there's the problem. I don't care about "feeling safe" via government fiat. I moved the hell out of a city and to a very rural area so that I could "feel safe". I didn't need the government to pass a law to help my emotional well being...I'm a grown man and responsible for such things myself. And, while we're on that topic - I am now around MORE people who carry guns on a regular basis, coworkers aside, than I ever was in Louisville. Weird that I "feel safe". Maybe it's the class of people.

Maybe Ollie should be reminded of what you do for a living...
    Background checks are for ****. They do nothing at all. If I want a gun, I know where to go to get one. Even in my new home here in rural TN, I have no doubt that I could procure a stolen gun from a criminal without too much trouble. Likely, I could place an order for a particular make and model, along with ammo. I know for a fact I could do that in Louisville.

Background checks don't stop criminals from getting guns, mainly because there aren't any background checks being done on criminals who steal guns from homes and resell them on the street. Your wonderful plans ignore the fact that criminals - by the very definition of the word - break the law. Background checks only delay the law abiding.

As I said, I dealt with criminals and bad people for two decades. In that time, I saw nothing that will convince ANY of your arguments are factual, workable, or derived from anything other than dreams of unicorns and rainbows in a perfect world. I live in the real world, and realize that gun control does nothing to prevent crime and only hamstrings the law abiding.

By the way, what's your company name? I reload most of my own ammo, but would like to ensure that I don't inadvertently spend money with someone who has such values as you.

Speleothem, trajan07, pgg00 and 2 others like this.
  15. wprebeck

wprebeck Have you seen me?

By the way, a loophole is something found in your shoestrings.

pgg00 likes this.
  16. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd

Awesome. I was hoping another brand new member would come troll GTPI.

ExecutiveWill likes this.
  17. syntaxerrorsix

Having a different opinion doesn't make someone a troll. I'm not sure why anyone would want to live in an echo chamber. Polite conversation should be encouraged even if your jimmies get rustled from time to time.

fg17 likes this.
  18. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd

Oh, I'm good with polite conversation and open debate. But I'm betting that's not the case here.

19. syntaxerrorsix

It has been so far. The only name calling has been folks calling others trolls...

20. OttoLoader

OttoLoader

Outstanding post.

The ultimate goal of gun control is civilian pulation disarment.

The gun controller put out various other reasons such as feel safe, etc.

But that is to get gullible and foolish people to go along with their scheme.

pgg00 and Cubdriver like this.