Invitation for GTPI leftist trolls to read and comment on the The Biden-Harris Gun Control Plans

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Rex Vallachorum, Sep 24, 2020.

1. ExecutiveWill

ExecutiveWill

For God’s sake, man, make a movie or two then!! :flag:

In all seriousness, you are exceptionally knowledgeable about our Constitution, and it is refreshing to see.

Bus007 and Burebista like this.
  2. Ollies930

Ollies930

Really? Then how do you account for this?

FT_19.08.14_GunDeaths_2.png FT_19.08.14_GunDeaths_2.png

Agonizer, thank you for your very eloquent response. It is refreshing to see someone with such an amazing grasp of the english language express his opinion. It does seem that your favorite word is "Trool". Is that the reason you have one as your Avatar?

George Kaplan, I too would love to own a machine gun, my choice would be an Amercan 180 (and yeah, I am aware it is only a .22, however it will penetrate bulletproof glass better that a .223 or a .44 Magnum and I would not have to worry so much about ammo cost). However, if everyone could buy one of those bad boys by mail (or in todays environment, the internet), I might want to don body armor everytime I left my house to go downtown.

Scott1970, I absolutely agree that we need more control over criminals as well, rather than having prisons with revolving doors. Legal leniency is one of the things I abhor and I truly believe in Capital Punishment. If you have multiple violent felonies on your record, why would you ever be allowed out of prison again. If you committed first degree murder, your ass belongs in Old Sparky. But to me, making it harder for criminals not to be able to get their hands on a gun is analogous to not leaving your car unlocked and idling with the keys in it. I would rather it be more difficult for criminals to access guns and being able to track them easily to whomever supplied them.

3. Cubdriver

Cubdriver

How do you suggest doing that WITHOUT making a national registry of firearms and without further inconveniencing law abiding citizens and making it more difficult for us to purchase firearms? Criminals do not typically obtain guns by legal means. They're CRIMINALS, remember? They almost never go to the gun store and hand over their permit and ID, and fill out a 4473 form. They steal firearms, or buy stolen firearms, or use straw purchasers. All of which, if I'm not mistaken, are already illegal.

-Pat

4. Ollies930

Ollies930

Mandate background checks for private sales? That will close off one avenue for instance. Can be done through law enforcement office, who will be happy to keep guns out of criminals hands and/or through LGS with a minimal fee, $5 or $10 max and the gun stores should be happy to do it as they will have a potential customer of ammo, magazines, etc. in their store and it will cover their cost. That right there would eliminate straw buyers as well.

5. Cubdriver

Cubdriver

How would it eliminate straw buyers? There are currently straw buyers who purchase from gun stores - when caught they're rarely if ever prosecuted. How would mandating private sale background checks change that?

6. Ollies930

Ollies930

If they really are not being prosecuted, then maybe somebody needs to get off their a**es and do their damn jobs.

7. Cubdriver

Cubdriver

No excrement, Mr. Holmes - that's what I've been saying through this whole damned thread. You're saying we need more laws and I'm saying we need to start by enforcing the laws already on the books.

-Pat

Cambo likes this.
  8. Cubdriver

Cubdriver

And I'm still wondering how mandatory background checks for all sales will reduce the number of straw purchases. What's the logic there?

-Pat

9. Kentucky fan

Kentucky fan

Uhh once more you are using "gun murders" and there was a 5% jump two years ago but its now back down and 50% of what it was in 1980 when gun laws were much stronger at the federal level. Im pretty sure the victims of deadly stabbings are just as dead correct me if im wrong. Explain to us how more laws are going to affect anything. You can't throw up a cdc chart that is intentionally misleading and act smug while not addressing anything else that was said. Enforcement of current laws is abysmal push for that. Until these laws are enforced its asinine to want more laws that won't be enforced against criminals and only hurt law abiding folks.

Also what the actual **** are you talking about with a .22 penetrating bullet proof glass better that .223?

10. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

You can blame a Republican for that.

Truth hurt? He's not wrong.

[​IMG]

11. syntaxerrorsix

...and there lies the actual problem. We don't need more laws because we don't use the ones we already have. Gun laws only affect citizens willing to obey them. Criminals don't obey laws.

12. George Kaplan

George Kaplan emeritus

13. syntaxerrorsix

I concur but we are discussing gun control and we shouldn't overlook who's actually done what in that regard.

14. Khufu

Khufu Pharaoh

considering what you are trying to show is the uptick in the last years of that graph, and crime is generally a lagging indicator of policy, seeing that it started its climb in 2012 and that graph goes through 2017, the major take away is crime rose because of Democrat policies implemented in 2010 through 2012 and continued to climb throughout the Obama Presidency. So my clear take away is whatever Democrats want done on gun control and crime are cause increases in crime and I don’t want that.

pgg00 likes this.
  15. Bradd D

Bradd D

I think Ben Franklin had some thoughts on freedom versus safety.

pgg00, wprebeck, Bus007 and 1 other person like this.
  16. Khufu

Khufu Pharaoh

You notice he was all about 80% receivers until his logical fallacy over how clear line rules in laws work in the USA was pointed out.

But maybe we should go with enforcing feel good, ambiguous laws. We could round up and imprison all the progressives and anti-Americans. we just say it makes us feel safer as a reason. Well, actually it may actually make us safer...

Sam Spade and ExecutiveWill like this.
  17. Khufu

Khufu Pharaoh

Kill a commie for mommy?

18. syntaxerrorsix

That was Johnny Ramone.

19. mike from st pe

mike from st pe

WOW! I didn't know Franklin Delano Roosevelt was a REPUBLICAN.
    Thanks for setting me straight

pgg00 likes this.
  20. syntaxerrorsix

Wrong Republican.

mike from st pe likes this.