Invitation for GTPI leftist trolls to read and comment on the The Biden-Harris Gun Control Plans

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Rex Vallachorum, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Khufu

Khufu Pharaoh

And you ignored the question about ammunition.

Is a bar of lead a bullet?

It is very easy to turn lead into a bullet.

Intolerant likes this.
  2. Ollies930

Ollies930

Reasonable-how about anything that can be identified by most people as a gun in the making. Ammo is not restricted other than by age, so there is no need to make a distinction between lead and partial bullet.
    But how about explaining to me why 80% frames are so important to you and why they should be exempt from background checks and having serial numbers. You are asking me to define what most people would consider obvious, i.e. you will never turn a P80 into an ashtray,

3. Bradd D

Bradd D

We are our own worst enemy sometimes. Ollies930, your view is most disappointing.

wprebeck and Orive 8 like this.
  4. Ollies930

Ollies930

Please explain. State your point of view, not just infering that I am wrong.

5. Khufu

Khufu Pharaoh

You ask why I am against that?

Because there must be clear definitions in laws so that people what they are. And the law is clear. If the fire control region is solid, it is not a firearm.

Think about “your FFL”. You have gun powder. That is the hardest part of a pipe bomb to manufacture. You are already more than 80% there just by having gun powder. Now if you have some plumbing supplies you a very close to being able to manufacture a bomb. Any “reasonable” person can see that having plumbing supplies and gun powder is a person intent on making a bomb.

And tell us, with the recent riots how much skill has it taken to make Molotov cocktails? So having an a gasoline bomb is 95% compete with a gasoline can full of gasoline. When does it become an illegal bomb.

The laws were written as to have a clear line of when items are “manufactured”. If every forging for an AR15 was a firearm under law, the would have to be serial numbered at that point and tracked. How should the forge serial number then when they sell blanks to hundreds of manufacturers?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    kryptosis and Intolerant like this.
  6. Scott1970

Scott1970

You’re in luck! There are already a host of laws on the books addressing your specific concerns. The actual problem is the lack of appropriate sentencing for violators.

For instance, Breonna Taylor’s boyfriend shot at a number of cops and wounded one of them. He is already a convicted felon. What happened? Charges dropped.

The problem ain’t the laws, the problem are soft DAs and judges.

arkdweller22, pgg00, n2g and 9 others like this.
  7. tm255

tm255

I just read the whole thing. That is some scary shizz.

This might be my favorite part:

Biden will pass legislation requiring firearm owners to store weapons safely in their homes.

They left off the part about Storm Troopers periodically coming into homes to check on compliance.

ExecutiveWill, Bus007 and Intolerant like this.
  8. tm255

tm255

For the same reason that these two questions are universally left unanswered:

1) Explain how open borders are beneficial to the USA

2) Explain exactly what Trump should have done about ChinaVirus, and exactly when he should have done it

n2g, trajan07 and Intolerant like this.
  9. Intolerant

Intolerant

^^^^^^^^^^^ right there you go folks!

ExecutiveWill, Bus007 and tm255 like this.
  10. Khufu

Khufu Pharaoh

Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen learned what happened when Stormtroopers came.

But I always question, how come Obi Wan concludes the Sandcrawler was attacked by Stormtroopers because those "blast points, too accurate for sandpeople" but any other time Stormtroopers miss at a 99.9% rate?

ExecutiveWill and seedub70 like this.
  11. Rex Vallachorum

Rex Vallachorum Previously achieved fame and glory as Burebista

You surely know there is already a law in the books that says straw purchases are a felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a 250.000 fine for both the buyer and the facilitator of a straw purchase?
    Why do you need another law? To make straw purchases even MORE illegal?

Existing laws are already prohibiting ALL felons from even touching a gun, let alone purchasing one. A felon found in possession of a gun can be sent to prison for up to 3 years and will pay a fine of 10,000.
    Why do you need another law? To make felony gun possession even MORE illegal?

Is there a law saying laws for selling or buying used guns are different than laws for new guns?
    That is news to me.
    Care to explain what the differences are?

You repeat yourself. Answer given already.

You are talking about Negligent Storage Laws.
    Surprise, those are already in the books. Penalties for parents who leave unsupervised children to have access to guns vary from State to State. Texas, a pro-gun State for example, punishes negligent parents by 6 months in prison if a child gets access to a firearm, and 1 year in prison if the child fires the gun.

This is an AK-47 receiver

[​IMG]

This is an AR15 receiver:

[​IMG]

Please tell me where to put the serial numbers.

Using tools I can buy at any Harbor Freight Tools store anybody can transform any shovel into an AK and any aluminum billet into an AR. Many people do, in fact.

But wait! I can also go high tech and buy a 3-D printer for a couple hundred dollars and print gun receivers from my laptop. No more hammer banging and aluminum milling and drilling.
    I can make guns out of this plastic filament:

[​IMG]

Please tell me how does the 3-D printer filament manufacturer puts a serial number on that?

So what's your 80% serializing law going to do then? Require shovel, aluminum, and plastic filament manufacturers to stamp serial numbers on their products?

Thank God you finally got something right.

I just did.
    Your turn now.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  12. Cubdriver

Cubdriver

How about we start by actually enforcing the tens of thousands of gun control laws already on the books? You know, the ones that forbid straw purchases, felons from possessing firearms, etc? Why do we need MORE hoops and obstacles to legal gun ownership to 'deter crime' when those currently in place are largely ignored by criminals and prosecutors alike and hinder only those of us who commit no crime with our firearms?

Politicians and gun control advocates in this regard are like a kid with a roomful of toys he doesn't play with crying for duplicates of the same toys. Why should we give you more when you don't use the ones you have now?

-Pat

pgg00, trajan07 and Intolerant like this.
  13. KindOfBlue

KindOfBlue

I don’t like the Biden/Harris stance on firearms. I’ve said it before.

Most of their proposals will likely be tied up in the courts.

syntaxerrorsix likes this.
  14. Cubdriver

Cubdriver

And you're willing to bet your rights on the courts? And what about the ones that DON'T get tied up in court? Or where a lower level judge (from Hawaii, for instance) decides that the law should stand "for public safety's sake" while the case is litigated for years and makes its way through the appeals process? You gonna be ok with those, too?

'Most of their proposals will likely be tied up in the courts' seems a slim thread to leave a constitutional right hanging on...

-Pat

pgg00, n2g, trajan07 and 5 others like this.
  15. KindOfBlue

KindOfBlue

Wow I have a groupie!

16. Cambo

Cambo

So, dead on accurate, right?

Burebista likes this.
  17. KindOfBlue

KindOfBlue

No

18. Cambo

Cambo

You've said all of those things, where am I wrong?

Bus007 and Intolerant like this.
  19. Jan R Whitaker

Jan R Whitaker

I think back to when the 94 assult weapon ban went into effect. Clinton said after it was law that this ban WONT stop crime, but a lot of people will feel beter.

Bus007, Burebista and Intolerant like this.
  20. Bish1309

Bish1309

I see cut cheese. Was Nadler in here?

Burebista and Intolerant like this.