invalid links

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Gforty, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Gforty

Gforty

02/11/07
    I just looked at "Carry Issues - A Must Read - Answers to Carry Issues FAQ.

No. 25 "Why doesn't IWB work..." link is #452865.

No. 26 "Why do I need to carry?" Link is #492441.

Both these links came up as "invalid".

What am I doing wrong?
    If it's not me, can you fix these?
    Thanks!

2. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Staff Member Moderator

Hello,

I'd say one of two things have happened:

- The threads were old/inactive threads that have recently been archived, or

- The threads were deleted by an Admin or Moderator due to someone adding comments or other content that violated Glock Talk's rules.

I don't think you had anything to do with the problem, as I couldn't access the threads using the links, either. I'll mention it to the other Mods and the Admins and we'll see if we can find out what happened.

Thanks for the heads-up!

3. Gforty

Gforty

Thanks for the reply! I'm surprised that Admin/Mod would delete an entire thread because someone added something that was not acceptable.
    I'd think you would just delete the offending post with suitable comments as to why it was deleted.

4. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Staff Member Moderator

If it's a single problematic reply, yes, that's what usually happens. If it's several, by multiple people, and others quoting the problem post(s) to complain about them, make fun of them, or add snide remarks, then the time investment in fixing the thread is not worth the effort. Time is the biggest enemy, and there is simply no way to make more of it. Compare it to medical triage; given one seriously wounded patient, they can usually be saved; 20 patients, with more lining up every minute, then you have to pick the ones that will be the best use of limited resources.

The Moderators are all volunteers, and we all have lives outside GT (well, at least MOST of us do :supergrin: ). We do what we can, and make recommendations concerning recurring troublemakers to lighten the load and keep GT a (generally) happy place.