Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Boat Life ©
13,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to get a picture, but my camera would not cooperate because it is too dark. (Nikon D30)

I got up to check out a noise the dishwasher was making, and I happened to look out the window towards my barn; my security light was on.

I see four figures...no, wait...five. OMG, there's a sixth!

I frantically called my wife over to look at the tresspassers, and as she gleamed out the window, she was like, "Oooh! Oooh! Look at them! There's SIX!"

We had six deer in our backyard enjoying dinner. Nice to see them there. I snapped this picture last month; it'll give you and idea as to where they were eating. They must have jumped the fence, or just walked in through the cattle gate I usually leave open. :)

If you walk right about 120 yards, then turn another right and head about another 150 yards, you'll find my deer stand anxiously propped up on a tree. :whistling:

·
Banned
5,143 Posts
Warning shots?

·
Boat Life ©
13,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
PRO CLIPDRAW!
90 Posts
QUOTE=USMCsilver;16836839]It's not deer season. And, a little one was playing and having fun. Times like this, I'd rather watch them. :wavey:[/QUOTE]

:agree:

·
Super Moderator
11,539 Posts
It's not deer season. And, a little one was playing and having fun. Times like this, I'd rather watch them. :wavey:
:faint:

not bad...deer season, u walk out your back door and climb the stand..:whistling:
if u ever need your lawn cut give me a shout..:wavey:

·
Boat Life ©
13,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:faint:

not bad...deer season, u walk out your back door and climb the stand..:whistling:
if u ever need your lawn cut give me a shout..:wavey:
Hell, COME ON DOWN! I'll even let you ride my mower and drink my beer. I LOATHE cuttin' the grass. I'm cuttin' about 3.5 acres with a 48" Cub Cadet rider. LOL! I'm on 4.99. :supergrin:

·
safe-cracker
1,174 Posts
we got deer here too... lots of 'em

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Yeah, but you put out feed for them.

·
Boat Life ©
13,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Wow! Is that a photoshopped picture?
I can say NO!

That's wildlife at its finest in, what I would assume, a pretty rurual setting.

My guess is that he's farther from town than I am. :)

·
safe-cracker
1,174 Posts
Wow! Is that a photoshopped picture?
Don't know. A friend sent it to me in an e-mail. Allegedly it was taken not far from me... that's why he sent it when he saw it online somewhere. I drove over to the address, and sure enough, that house and polebarn are there. And there was deer tracks everywhere, but no deer when I was there. If it is, it's a damn good job. I've studied it, on full screen, and there doesn't appear to be a single "repeat" (same deer in same position).

FWIW... I live in the woods too, and I've had as many as 25 at a time visible behind my house. Never took any pics though <yawn> ... they're here all the time.... except during gun hunting season, when they all suddenly vanish.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I live right in the middle of town (Boulder, CO) and we have deer in our fenced backyard more days than not. They are a complete nuisance.

·
Registered
681 Posts
We just had 4 bucks walk through our backyard the other day. One was a 7 or 8 pointer and no it is not hunting season in SC. We routinely get deer but this is the first time I've ever seen males and then 4 of them together. I live in a development so you can't discharge a firearm, but bow hunting is starting to look good.

·
safe-cracker
1,174 Posts
Where are all the bucks?
That's the 1st thing I said too when I saw it. Two possibilities... there are bucks mixed in but you can't tell because if the pic was taken after mid -january, when the bucks have already shed their antlers. Second is, it is photoshopped.

I've had it several years, I thought it was cool so I put it in "my pictures" and saved it, and I just put it in my photobucket album a few minutes ago in order to post it here.

edit: btw, I got curious as to how many deer are in that photo, so I printed out a picture, and put an "X" on each one as I counted them. I seem to remember that I counted 79... it's been a few years.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts