close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Intruder shooting prompts weapon permit questions

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by TBO, Oct 17, 2012.

1. TK-421

TK-421

I think the shooting was justified, if the article is correct, but he should be in trouble for the marijuana. However, according to the article, the law says they have to be addicted to a controlled substance to be able to deny them a permit. As long as he's not addicted to marijuana, then I don't think they can take away his permit.

2. nmk

nmk

I'm a fan of Stacey's comment at the bottom of the article.

3. WarCry

WarCry

I would actually like to look at the way the law's written, because I'm willing to bet there's a "definitions" section that talks about what they define as "addicted". Usually it has to do with the number of arrests and/or charges related to the subject.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  4. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

1. Maybe the guy should lose his permit. I don't know.

2. Unless Iowa is really FUBARed that guy does not need a permit in his domicile. Please tell me he does not.

5. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Independent news outlets predicted this type of thing a while back... maybe as much as a year IIRC. Any excuse the 'federalies' can find or make up, in order to take someone's firearm(s), will be exhausted.

Interestingly, eric holder jr. can break over a dozen laws, several of which are felonies, and still be allowed to CC as well as take permits from people who smoked a joint, a misdemeanor in most places, simply because he deems them addicted and or criminals.

holder Jr's gun control coming soon to a State/City/street/house near you.