close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Introduction

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by sandman23, Mar 25, 2010.

1. sandman23

sandman23

Hello forum,
    I want to introduce myself and tell you why I have decided arm myself.

I joined GT about 2 months ago and have been soaking up all the information that you guys share. I have learned a lot and I certainly appreciate it. I am more of a listener than a talker so you probably will not see very many posts from me. It does not mean that I am not listening and educating myself. I will offer my knowledge and experience when I can.

I am a husband to a beautiful wife and father to a wonderful son. I own a landscape company. This is why I have decided to own a gun. The end.

No really, I have decided to own a firearm due to wisdom, awareness, and I suppose some paranoia (not staring out the window paranoia). With all that is going on these days, I feel the need to be able to protect my family and myself. I know that threats have always been around the corner, I have just never paid much attention to them. I guess that I have never felt like I would be a victim or that I have never been a worthwhile target. I now have the knowledge and reasons to realize that protection is a necessity for me.

Thanks for listening,
    Daniel

2. chuckman

chuckman

Welcome to the forum.

3. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Hello Daniel,

Welcome. A little paranoia, like exercise and stretching, is a healthy thing.

:cool:
    'Drew

4. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

Welcome to the forum. I think arming yourself today makes perfect sense. Not only is the criminal element larger, more vicious, and more brazen than ever we have an increasingly more oppressive federal government that seems intent on taking away all personal freedom. I think the likelyhood that we all will need to use a gun sometime soon to eithe protect our person or liberties is increasing every day.

I am seeing the question, "Is it time to arm myself and take to the streets yet?", more and more on this forum and others. I don't know that we're there yet but I think it could be coming.

5. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Daniel,

I'm going to go way out on a limb and say something in disagreement, which disagreeing with someone else on a gun forum is EXTREMELY rare by the way, but like I said... I'm way out on limb here.

You have used the wrong term when selecting paranoia. In actual fact, you have come to the opposite end of the spectrum. You have no doubt come to the conclusion that you could not live with yourself if, G-d forbid, something were to happen to your wife or son due to not being prepared.

I'm sure you have a set of jumper cables, and or road assistance assurance for your wife's vehicle. (Would you call yourself paranoid for doing this?)

I'm sure you keep new, or like new set of tires on your wife's vehicle(s). (Would you call yourself paranoid for doing this?)

I'll stop belaboring the point here and just add once and for all that I'm sure you have a lot of things in place to safe guard the well being of both your wife and son. The gun you have purchased is no different an item.

Just as you know how to dial the road assistance people for your wife, or to change a flat tire, learn how to perforate anyone dumb enough to threaten you or your family members. Train, train, and train some more sir.

Welcome to GT, :wavey:

PW

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  6. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

...like exercise and stretching... :upeyes: yeah right... The only time 'Drew stretches is when the doughnut box falls on the passenger's floorboard and he has to retrieve it while driving. :tongueout:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  7. popeye9

popeye9

Welcome to glock talk!

8. Chad Landry

Chad Landry Cajunator® CLM

Good to have you around! Keep comin' around.

9. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Sandbox Refugee CLM

10. sandman23

sandman23

Thanks for the welcome to GT. I look forward to learning from the experienced. Thank you PW for the insight on paranoia, I did choose the wrong term. I just didn't know the best term to describe my feelings. Thanks again.

11. okie

okie GT Mayor

Welcome to GT Daniel, pull up a chair and set a spell. You do know that ALL Glock Talkers are required to own a 1911, right:supergrin::wavey:

12. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Guns scare me but I like the company here :welcome:

13. digitalmike47

digitalmike47

Welcome to GT....

Do yourself a favor. I am sure summer is your busy time and all, but if you have some time, take your family out to Vegas for a week. Go take a FrontSight course. It will be the best thing you have ever done. Take your wife and son too if he is old enough. Frontsight.com. I have some pix of my trip at digitalmikepatterson.wordpress.com. Check them out.

Enjoy the gun.....

14. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Welcome to GT Daniel. :wavey: