Glock Talk banner

Introduction and Guidance Needed

797 views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  slamdunc 
Welcome! My suggestion for you is that if at all possible you find an indoor range that rents handguns and try as many different models as you possibly can before making a decision on what to purchase. The smaller handguns with shorter grip lengths are easily made more comfortable to shoot and very much viable for concealed carry with the simple addition of a inexpensive pinky extension or extended magazine; i.e., the Pearce +0 magazine extensions offer an extra finger of grip and do not cause any extra printing; see the example of these used with my Gen3 G33 below, which is virtually identical to the G26 in size:
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Airsoft gun

Also, don't paint yourself into a Glock corner simply because the name of this discussion forum is GlockTalk; there are many many other very excellent choices available out there that are more than capable of taking on the role of self defence and concealed carry that have better ergonomics, that are just as reliable, and are often available for less money than Glock, from H&K, SIG, CZ, SA, etc. Below is my everyday carry piece, a Springfield Armory XDs 3.3 in 45acp. It's reliable, accurate, and surprisingly easy to shoot for a small '.45:
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Starting pistol

I carry it very comfortably at 4 o'clock inside the waistband as shown above, and I keep an extended factory mag in my front jeans pocket, all populated with 185 gr Golden Saber hollow points - and I never feel undergunned. Don't ever allow high capacity to give you a sense of superiority; it's not how many rounds you carry that matters in a self defense scenario, it's your ability to put as few rounds as possible where you need them to end the immediate threat that matters.

Best wishes on your quest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.