Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

We might as well call it the G26X. It can do everything as well as any other 9mm Glock (except maintain its finish on its slide stops ;)).

Because the G26 has such a short, rigid and thus accurate barrel, carrying it in a HIGH-RIDING leather OWB pancake-style holster allows it to conceal as well as my G43 IWB in my opinion. The picture below is of a G19 on the left in a Galco kydex IWB holster. The G26 on the right is in a Mitch Rosen UPL-EXP OWB high-riding holster.

Anytime you have a belt clip or loops in front of the gun (rather than to its side or sides), it's going to make it a thicker rig than it needs to be in my opinion. With a high riding holster—and the relatively short barrel of the G26—it's easy to conceal OWB because the muzzle doesn't go south of the hemline of your t-shirt. The design also holds the pistol close to your body so it's very concealable. It's also more comfortable to carry, quicker to draw, easier to shoot than a single stack, and you don't have to buy your belts and pants two sizes larger.

As Massad Ayoob and others have pointed out, in the right hands, it tends to be more accurate than a G19 or G17, and it can compete and has even won against G34 pistols in competition. I agree with Mass and others that the shorter barrel and hump, which drives my hand higher onto the pistol, is responsible for its accuracy.

I use the Pachmayr grip sleeves because they continue along the same contour of the grip instead of recessing the pinky which I don't like (e.g X-Grip).

Best of all, the reliability is unquestioned after decades of abuse.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was told the 26X might have the grooves on the frame for mounting a light.
Nope. I used to have a TLR-6 on a Gen4 G26 and a Gen4 33. I just couldn't find the holsters I wanted that would accommodate a light.

There are also some other drawbacks. At tend of the day, I prefer not having a weapon-mounted light now.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I always have a pocket flashlight of some kind, Olight, Maratac, etc as part of my edc kit, so when it comes to my G26, I actually prefer the smoother, non-rail frame.

I think the G26 is chunky enough as it is. Hey, nothing wrong with it, chunky girls need love too!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Is there anything that keeps the wear off of the slide lock??? LOL

My Gen4 G26 has the same thing. I've often wondered if it was even worth thinking about getting a Gen5 to join in the rotation of EDC?
Not sure if it's worth it or not.

·
Civil Liberties Matter
1,810 Posts

We might as well call it the G26X. It can do everything as well as any other 9mm Glock (except maintain its finish on its slide stops ;)).

Because the G26 has such a short, rigid and thus accurate barrel, carrying it in a HIGH-RIDING leather OWB pancake-style holster allows it to conceal as well as my G43 IWB in my opinion. The picture below is of a G19 on the left in a Galco kydex IWB holster. The G26 on the right is in a Mitch Rosen UPL-EXP OWB high-riding holster.

Anytime you have a belt clip or loops in front of the gun (rather than to its side or sides), it's going to make it a thicker rig than it needs to be in my opinion. With a high riding holster—and the relatively short barrel of the G26—it's easy to conceal OWB because the muzzle doesn't go south of the hemline of your t-shirt. The design also holds the pistol close to your body so it's very concealable. It's also more comfortable to carry, quicker to draw, easier to shoot than a single stack, and you don't have to buy your belts and pants two sizes larger.

As Massad Ayoob and others have pointed out, in the right hands, it tends to be more accurate than a G19 or G17, and it can compete and has even won against G34 pistols in competition. I agree with Mass and others that the shorter barrel and hump, which drives my hand higher onto the pistol, is responsible for its accuracy.

I use the Pachmayr grip sleeves because they continue along the same contour of the grip instead of recessing the pinky which I don't like (e.g X-Grip).

I agree, the 26 is the perfect pistol for me personally. I grip and shoot it exponentially better than a single stack and the compatibility with larger mags is handy. Concealment is great too with it’s short height.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts

Can’t stand Mas. Chuck Taylor is much better. Ayoob was a big supporter of Evan Mashells book on handgun stopping power which turned into a farce.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts

I have many carry guns. Sig's,Walther,Glocks and others.my 26 with a 12 Round mag. Is by far my favorite.

·
Registered
542 Posts
You have a nice gun there OP, but that is not a 26X!

A real 26X must be able to shoot 20 rounds, and looks like this:

It can also be immediately converted to *plain 26* within seconds.

This is *my* G26X in 26X configuration. I love it :D

·
With Liberty and Justice for all.
20,894 Posts

As Massad Ayoob and others have pointed out, in the right hands, it tends to be more accurate than a G19 or G17, and it can compete and has even won against G34 pistols in competition.
Except that the increased accuracy comes from curling your pinky under the 10 round magazine and just using the two middle fingers. By using a longer magazine you take away that benefit.

·
With Liberty and Justice for all.
20,894 Posts
How does that increase your accuracy? Assuming you aren't doing anything weird with your pinky when using a full sized grip.
A lot of people, including myself, find they shoot more accurately when the pinky finger isn’t involved in the grip.

Reactions: MFC4
1 - 20 of 24 Posts