Intro for Abnrgr289

Discussion in 'Veteran's Forum' started by Abnrgr289, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Abnrgr289

Abnrgr289

I didn't see an Intro forum so I figured this is as good a place as any to introduce myself.

I am a veteran and a fully verified US Army Ranger and I am a member of various Military Forums to include Armyranger.com, Airborneranger.com, USarmyranger.com, USparatroopers.org, and Armyparatrooper.org.

I was in the SCARNG from 11/84-7/87 as a 19E. Decided to go active as an 11X, and ended up an 11C. Volunteered for Ranger in Jump School in Dec '88. Went to Aco 3/75 in 1/88 started out as an ammo bearer (of course), then the Base Gun gunner, and then Section Sergeant/acting PSG. Went to Ranger School class 2/89. Went to scout swimmer, Jumpmaster in '89 and "Just Cause" in 89'. Ended up going to HHC 2/18 197th morter plt. 2/90 as 2nd Section Base Gun SL. Company repelling, land-nav,and hand to hand instructor (any little thing they could think of). Went to Desert Storm/Desert Shield 90-91. Went to 4th RTB 4/92 as OPFOR SL. Instructed 0-week, graded the PT,Swim test and gave Ranger hell in wood line ( Mike-3 over ). Went to the Boathouse in 6/94 and took over as Support PSG in 10/94 and ETS'ed 12/24/95. Now I'm just a lonely old PFC. (Proud Friggin' Civilian) missing the Good Ol' Day's. And I'm damn sure Old School, Ya' Gotta Live Hard To Be Hard!! Once a Ranger, always a Ranger. "RLTW"

I look forward to reading the forums and seeing whats new in the world.

2. reconvic

reconvic Recon Marine

Welcome home bro! There are other Rangers here, I was Marines "real old school" lol.Just pulling your pud. I was a 68 Nam vet.1st Recon Battalion, attached to 2/5 .
    Semper Fi Vic

3. KNEESINTHEBREEZ

KNEESINTHEBREEZ Got Silk?

Howdy! Careful, there are posers abound. ;)

4. rlbgfish173

rlbgfish173

5. jay.shebuski

jay.shebuski

..ah,..I don't know if 3rd Battalion qualifies as "old school" (HA), maybe more x-generation.

..and your kinda throwing me w/this "fully verified" ranger business (HA)..what is a "fully verified" ranger anyways?

Recognizing that I volunteered as a "fully verified" ranger...they didn't throw that in there now...did they?

I'm sorry, but they lost me when they dropped Bn and put in that "other" word.

So your still in SC? Do you shoot?

6. Abnrgr289

Abnrgr289

So I take it your calling me out with this (HA), (HA), business?

1) Old school is what you perceive it as. Compared to the way things are in the Army right now, "I" am old school. And yes compared to the way things are in 3rd BN "I" am an old school Ranger.

2)And as my being "Fully Verified" I am. As far as I know, there is only one place on the Internet dealing with Rangers that does this. Have you been there 1/75 '83-'86?

3) And you know that wasn't "Thrown in there" or should anyway. So what other word are you referring too?

4) No I'm not still in S.C. and haven't been in quit some time.

I haven't fired a weapon to amount to anything in awhile, but it is something I'm working on getting back into.

Anymore questions or comments?

7. jay.shebuski

jay.shebuski

..oh,..I just figured, you know, you being "old school" and all, that you knew what wording was changed in the Ranger creed after the Regiment was activated.

I just think this whole "verified ranger" thing is a hoot. Internet "ranger verification"?

..that's all.

Jay

8. Abnrgr289

Abnrgr289

The Ranger Regiment-The Rangers. There was a little confusion while I was in RIP, our Ranger creed cards still had Ranger Regiment on them and they were telling us to say The Rangers.

You already have most of the information about me, how about a little about you? You know, the basic stuff, what Company you were in, Plt, Sqd, some of the chain of comand while you were there, some of the deployments you went on, Yada, Yada, Yada.

I guess you have some kind of bug up your anal cavity. I guess it's a 1st Bn thing or it's the fact that you were (supposedly) there a few years before I was in 3rd Bn. Or maybe it's because your a Senior member of this board. Or maybe it's because your pissed because we busted out "Ruckboi" for posing and he was one of your buddies. I dont know what it is but it's something.

9. LRP1

LRP1

Jay

Sounds as though you have sucked some sand up your ass and clogged your brain....Why in hell call out a verified Ranger....Verified by RTB and DA....You know, I have the upmost respect for ALL Rangers - past and present....You and the rest of the Troops are doing a Hell of a Job in the Sand. But you decide to screw with someone because we busted out a Posing Asshat...Other than what you have in your sig line...how do I know you are a Ranger? Give me your standard name line and I will be happy to provide YOU with an Internet Verification of your status....

Oh BTW.....I am a Vietnam Ranger....Don't have a Tab and have more trigger time running the jungle than you have in the Army.

10. LRP1

LRP1

Damn.....Just blows my mind that an Officer would run his mouth like that....Not really.

11. LRP1

LRP1

Jay

I am sorry but I was incorrect with my first post....I do not have more trigger time than you do in the Army...My Bad..I thought for sure you were a snotnosed Butterbar..Instead you are an 0-4.

12. rlbgfish173

rlbgfish173

;z ;z ;z

Someone have yellow fluid on thier corn flakes???;f

13. LRP1

LRP1

Jay

Just verified you as a Ranger....However, no apology...you should know better than to run your pie hole to a fellow Ranger...you were trying to pick a fight...but hell - I forgot you are an officer. I have been told you were a good guy when you were first in BN...What the hell happened to you? AbnRgr289 is a friend and there was no need for the BS...Maybe you should think about freezing your rank...Don't think I could take more of you with a higher rank.

Besides NCO's do most of the work anyway...right. If you want to meet the rest of us...please come over to ArmyRanger.com and post an Introduction. We have Officers and enlisted , active duty and retired Rangers representing Korean War thru OEF/OIF.

14. mdvctry

mdvctry

Sorry inadvertent post... Admin pls delete (I tried but did not have permission)

15. jay.shebuski

jay.shebuski

I never new a ranger, that was worth a damn, that needed anyone to "verify" that he was who he was.

Furthermore, to spout off, in an introduction, that your "damn sure old school" and wore BDUs in the "regment" is just not proper etiquette.

..and reference to your "trigger time" comment, I've got socks that have spent more time on combat patrols then you have in the Army.

I don't have anything to do w/who posts here, or really, for that matter, care. It's just a nice break for me, to think about other things, for a while; other than business.

Good hunting,

Jay

16. Abnrgr289

Abnrgr289

So now your insinuating that I'm not worth a damn I guess.

The verification process weeds out posers over the Internet, in doing so we don't have to worry about turds picking up info they don't need to know. But you obviously could care less or just trust everyone you run across on the net.

Hmmm, Old School and BDU's.

I didn't say anything about BDU's.

In the reference to Old School, I was referring to they way I like to do allot of things concerning the Army while I was in. But then again I've already addressed that.

And as far as the BDU's go, you obviously aren't to familiar with time frames or haven't done your research before making that comment. Just so you know I was one of the last people if not the last person from 3rd Bn to go to Ranger School in "JUNGLES". I had to borrow a set of BDU's to graduate in! The Regt changed to BDU's while I was in Pre-Ranger.

And "Proper Etiquette", from your posts here it looks like something you don't know a whole lot about.

LRP1 is a Vietnam Vet and has done his fare share.

Not only that, he retracted that comment and apologized for it! Maybe you didn't see that or weren't paying attention.

I would also question the possibility of your comment, about your trigger time compared to his. It might not be so. I personally couldn't tell you either way. And it doesn't really matter to me either, were all Rangers that have BTDT.

I found out through another source that you were in 1/75 and I was going to tone this thread down until I read this post. Now it doesn't matter anymore.

But it seems that you have a very large problem.

I guess your just better then all of us there Major. That might be your whole problem right there. Just a cocky, arrogant, self absorbed Officer.

Hell you might be worth a damn, but I can't tell it by your actions here!

17. LRP1

LRP1

Major Jay.....FYI...We tried BDU's when they first came out..actually Woodland Camo..did not like them and went back to our Tigers. You must have a tremendous amount of stress on you...I know a lot of 04's and higher and none act like your attitude portrays.

I spent 24 months in the jungle as a LRP Team Leader....I will take your bet about trigger time, actual trigger time..the average in NAM was 243 days per year. Being an officer, you have had much more class/command time than any grunt would care to think about. AbnRgr289 said it all...We are all Rangers..Members of the same Brotherhood. FWIW....you might want to get some new socks...some of yours have holes in them....

18. Steve1/75

Steve1/75

Jay meet Abnrgr289. Abnrgr289 meet Jay.
    It must be mating season again.;Q

So this is where you’ve been Jay, nice.

19. GreenBeret1631

GreenBeret1631

Hmmmmm... Can't we all just get along? ;L

;z ;z ;z ;z ;z ;z ;? ;? ;?

20. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

First of all, welcome aboard, Abnrgr289.

Secondly, could we leave the pecker measuring contest to the active duty people?