close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Interstate firearm trade rules

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by birvin, Jan 30, 2004.

1. birvin

birvin

Anyone have some helpful hints on doing an interstate firearm trade
    between Texas and California?
    No money changing hands.
    If shipped without ammo, can these simply be sent via carrier such as UPS or FEDEX, or do we have to use a FFL dealer to ship and/or receive?
    Thanks!
    Bryan
    ;Q

2. yosuthnmasa

yosuthnmasa

check the stickies at the top of the "firearms" forum. They have a pretty long thread on a similar subject. There is alot of confusion and debate on this topic.I don't know about the laws within CA, but I'm pretty sure(in my opinion) you can ship some pistols via interstate travel as long as you abide by the carriers rules..ie.. their required shipping speed for a firearm. The firearm would have to be shipped to a licensed FFL, too. So, you could ship a firearm to someone else's FFL, and they could ship their pistol to your FFL. Can't ship directly to each other unless you're a licensed FFL. I don't know about Cali., though. There are some good links to the ATF rules in the stickies as well. Good Luck!

3. birvin

birvin

Thanks for the help, yosuthnmasa.

4. yosuthnmasa

yosuthnmasa

No sweat! I actually have a personal letter from the ATF on this particular subject if you're interested. It's nice to have something like this when you want to sell or buy interstate and the other party thinks that all guns have to go from one FFL to another FFL.