close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

International Gun Ban Treaty?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Cobra6, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Cobra6

Cobra6

Educate me on the proposed UN gun ban treaty - I know they tried this a long time ago (maybe 10 years) -
    I got a call from the NRA wanting $$$ to fight this - is PBO selling us out again?

2. Isaiah1412

Isaiah1412

With the almost complete absence of anti-gun activity on the federal front at the moment, the NRA needs something to keep people's attention.

Don't get me wrong, I'm an NRA member and I support most of what they do, but sometimes they take an overly alarmist view on things.

There is a body of US case law, including multiple SC decisions, supporting the argument that state and federal laws, and the constitution, cannot be overridden by international agreement.

3. kiole

kiole

if an international gun ban treaty was signed by the United States their would be a hell storm. You could gaurantee major losses for the democrats, not to mention the states asserting their rights by ignoring federal gun laws. Many states right now are trying to extended gun rights beyond federal law.

4. Glock-it-to-me

Glock-it-to-me Catching liars

The start of impeachment?

5. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

U.S. agrees to timetable for UN Gun Ban

Clinton-United Nations “Small Arms Treaty” Update

National Gun Rights Blog
    Posted February 2, 2010

READ ALSO: Sec. Hillary Clinton — U.S. Support for the Arms Trade Treaty (Oct. 09)

The United Nations and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton are moving forward with their plan to confiscate your guns.

The United States joined 152 other countries in support of the Arms Trade Treaty Resolution, which establishes the dates for the 2012 UN conference intended to attack American sovereignty by stripping Americans of the right to keep and bear arms.

Working groups of anti-gun countries will begin scripting language for the conference this year, creating a blueprint for other countries when they meet at the full conference.

The stakes couldn’t be higher.

Former United Nation’s ambassador John Bolton has cautioned gun owners about the Arms Trade Treaty and says the UN “is trying to act as though this is really just a treaty about international arms trade between nation states, but there’s no doubt that the real agenda here is domestic firearms control.”

Establishing the dates for the Arms Trade Treaty Conference is just the first step toward their plans for total gun confiscation.

The worldwide gun control mob will ensure the passage of an egregious, anti-gun treaty…. . .and that’s where Secretary of State Hillary Clinton steps in.

Once the UN Gun Ban is passed by the General Assembly of the United Nations it must be ratified by each nation, including the United States.

As an arch enemy of gun owners, Clinton has pledged to push the U.S. Senate to ratify the treaty. She will push for passage of this outrageous treaty designed to register, ban and CONFISCATE firearms owned by private citizens like YOU.

That’s why it’s vital you sign the special petition I’ve made up for your signature that DEMANDS your U.S. Senators vote AGAINST ratification of the UN’s “Small Arms Treaty.”

So far, the gun-grabbers have successfully kept the exact wording of their new scheme under wraps.

But looking at previous versions of the UN “Small Arms Treaty,” you and I can get a good idea of what’s likely in the works.

Don’t let any of the “experts” lull you to sleep by saying “Oh, we have it handled” or “Until you know exactly what’s in the treaty you can’t fight against it.”

Judging by Ambassador Bolton’s comments — who certainly knows what to expect from the American-freedom-hating international crowd that infests the U.N. — we are certain the treaty’s going to address the private ownership of firearms.

If passed by the UN and ratified by the U.S. Senate (which is where we must ultimately make our stand), the UN “Small Arms Treaty” would almost certainly FORCE national governments to:

*** Enact tougher licensing requirements, making law-abiding citizens cut through even more bureaucratic red tape just to own a firearm legally;

*** CONFISCATE and DESTROY ALL “unauthorized” civilian firearms (all firearms owned by the government are excluded, of course);

*** BAN the trade, sale and private ownership of ALL semi-automatic weapons;

*** Create an INTERNATIONAL gun registry, setting the stage for full-scale gun CONFISCATION. So please click here to sign the petition to your U.S. Senators before it’s too late!

You see, this is NOT a fight we can afford to lose.

http://www.infowars.com/u-s-agrees-t...or-un-gun-ban/

6. John Galt

John Galt Anti-Federalist

Constitution for the United States of America;

Article 6: Clause 2:

This Constitution and the laws of the United States which shall be made in persuance thereof, and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land...

Treaties do not override the Constitution, they are however on equal footing with the Constitution.

While Reid vs. Covert seems to limit treaty powers to an extent treaties will be upheld as long as they don't authorize:

A change in the structure of government;
    A partition of any State without its consent;
    Something the Constitution expressly prohibits.

A treaty registering or putting limits on who may own firearms would not be expressly forbidden by the Constitution, since our own government does these things already.

I don't like it, but it seems something along these lines could be upheld.

7. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

You point out a valid item but recent history has shown... they don't care a damn about our Constitution or Bill of Rights and will do anything they want to circumvent it. The un-Patriot Act is a prime example of that complete disregard.

8. volky

volky NRA Member Millennium Member

Just because you don't hear anything doesn't mean they're not plotting. Believe it, the gears are silently turning, waiting for the right time to spring the trap.

Be vigilant.

9. lanternlad

lanternlad Mythmatician

"Supreme law of the land" means that an international treaty is equal to Federal laws, but higher than State laws IF they are within constitutional law. They do not trump the Constitution. The Constitution is supreme.

State of Missouri v. Holland, 252 U.S. 416 (1920)
    Also, Reid VS Covert
    The Constitution cannot be trumped by anything other than a 3/4 referendum from all States overturning it's existence. Let the U.N. make all the laws it wants, if they contradict the Constitution, they won't apply here.

Here's a video explaining it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0ip9ZF2MAo

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  10. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

More like the start of revolution.

11. hatidua

hatidua

fund raising, pure and simple.

12. kahrcarrier

kahrcarrier FAHRENHEIT

Words of wisdom.

13. kahrcarrier

kahrcarrier FAHRENHEIT

Can't think of a better place to send funds to................ Pure and simple.

14. MDLibertarian

MDLibertarian NRA Life Member

And keep your powder dry. :thumbsup:

15. Carolina Drifter

Carolina Drifter CLM

I don't think that's true with a treaty. I could be wrong.