International Calling Card

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by tarpleyg, Mar 29, 2010.

1. tarpleyg

tarpleyg

Without going into a great deal of detail, I find myself in need of an international calling card. Is there such a thing as a scam-free calling card? I specifically need to call the UK several times a week. Anyone have any good experience with any one company?

Greg

2. hamster

hamster NRA Life Member

I used to use calling card services, but now am using Skype. I use it to call Europe and Asia all the time. I've also used Google voice.

Yes skype can call landlines, you just pay a low per minute rate.

If you really make LOTS of calls, look into a service like Vonage with an unlimited international calling plan.

3. NorthCarolinaLiberty

NorthCarolinaLiberty MentalDefective

If there is a good international card, I have yet to find it.

I've been calling the UK lately and use the dial around number 10-10-333. It was either 3.1 cents or 3.3 cents per minute as of my last phone bill.

I sometimes use Yahoo messenger when calling Philippines. There is no extra charge beyond my AT&T/Yahoo telephone service. The person on the other end also needs access to Yahoo messenger.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  4. Obi Wan II

Obi Wan II

I had set up my father-in-law with this one... UnionTelecard.com

I could set up the account so that he has the main account phone number on speed dial and then with the push of one or two more buttons he would be connected to Afghanistan directly. I've got him set up with 54 minutes for $16 with automatic refill of the account until I turn it off.

$0.18/minute to Afghanistan was an acceptable cost. You may be able to do it cheaper to the UK.