GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stripped my G37.3 today to do a $.25 trigger job and install a ZEV spring kit. After fully disassembling the slide internals i found some concerning issues. The firing pin safety plunger’s chrome is chipping and peeling off. The chrome appears to have pulverized and built up in the firing pin grooves. I cleaned off the remaining chrome and polished the plunger. Is this anything to be concerned about? It’s only got about 1k rounds through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
655 Posts
I have not seen that on any of mine, but it sounds like you took care of it.....cleaned and polished. It would not concern me, but you can always replace it with a new one if need be.

·
PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia
10,187 Posts
A phonecall to CS is a quick way to get a definite answer.... personally, if I was able to smooth the surface of the plunger I would not worry, but YMMV

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I emailed customer service with pictures. An armorer responded with “this is normal”. Good enough for me for now. A good friend and long time Glock shooter told me to have an armorer inspect it at a GSSF match and they would likely replace the parts at no charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts