Interesting targets.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by astepup, Oct 20, 2018.

1. astepup

astepup

Mods, if this belongs in General Firearms forum please move.

I was bored so decided to do some comparison shooting with my 17, 19 and 26. All ammo used was Federal AE 115 fmj. Distance was a measured 45 feet shooting two full mags from each gun, about one second between shots. Top left target is the G4 17, top right the G3 19 and bottom the G3 26.
    20181020_173557.jpg
    Three things really stick out. 17's sight needs adjusting, 26 is pretty close to dead on and apparently I really need to practice more with the 19!

I cant believe how I sprayed shots all over with the 19. All three guns have OE internals and all wear Tru Glo sights. I can understand the occasional flyer but that target's bad!

Saddest thing is the 19 is my EDC the majority of the time. I do rotate but not that often. Only thing I can think of to correct this is more trigger time.

2. Mr Meeseeks

Mr Meeseeks

Less pinky on the G26, so less sympathetic finger contraction on your dominant hand (milking). Try to consciously only squeeze the trigger finger straight back and not add any other tension in the bottom 3 fingers. More trigger time and lots of correct dryfire are the solution.

ToroChefATL, holidaypf and John_AZ like this.

3. Glockresistor

Glockresistor

at 45 feet I couldn't make out the target.

wruess, Walter3, 125K9 and 2 others like this.
  4. astepup

astepup

Lol....I'm afraid that's where I'm heading as well. I always used to practice at 50 to 60 ft but over the last couple of years its gotten a bit harder to bring that front sight into focus.

Guess I should take dad's advice and get some glasses.

5. BigMoneyGrip

BigMoneyGrip

I never could shoot my 19 very good. However, I can shoot my 43 about as good as I can my 34.

6. Just_plinking

Just_plinking

I think they're all good enough!

MNBud, APERS and geo46 like this.
  7. xTerpx

xTerpx Preferred Pronouns: (It, Ya'll, Bruh)

I'm trying to make it to 50, but not going to make it...starts decreasing at an increasing rate. Now I know why my grandfather always told me to not get old. I should have listened.

8. sciolist

sciolist On the Border

One thing you can try, to emphasize this in slow fire is to visualize using your trigger finger to pull the post straight back through the notch.

So rather than thinking in terms of minimizing lateral delta from triggering, visualize using the trigger as a physical means of keeping the gun vertical.

And try following through visually all the way to the apex. Don't worry about timing splits, especially at 1.0 (!). Just shoot the gun and watch the sights track. Do some slow fire, then work with the slowest splits that barely get you into dynamic process, then work up toward your mechanical triggering max.

And watch the sights. Notice I didn't say use sight focus. Allow yourself to be fully aware of the sights cycling in front of the scoring surface.

9. Teufelhunde

Teufelhunde

10. Teufelhunde

Teufelhunde

Many folks (myself included) shoot the 26 better than the 19......weird, huh?......

Lon

11. Current Resident

Current Resident

You shoot rather well my friend, looks like a great day at the range!

APERS likes this.
  12. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

Aim center of mass, pull trigger, on my range outings I want all my rounds dead on through one single hole with a stock Glock. It hasn't happened yet, but if I shoot at you chances are I am going to hit you.
    Boxes and range targets don't move and or shoot back at you.

Mahalo_.32 likes this.
  13. Mahalo_.357sig

Mahalo_.357sig #787 Top Gun .357sig

At 45' it definitely appears to me that your target no longer exists!
    It seems to me that you may have been unconsciously focusing harder while slingin lead with the 26. Either way good shooting with all

14. OttoLoader

OttoLoader

I prefer the G26. For the following reasons.
    The G26 has that hump that aligns perfectly eith the handhif holding the G26 level and axis aligned with wrist and elbow. Stronger grip with the pinky finger curlef under the G26, the G26 is more tightly and securely than the G19.
    The G19 does not have the same hump so does not consistently align as the G26.
    Since all fingers are on the G19 longer grip the hold or grip strength of the G19 is not as tight as the G26. This is counter intuative to general comments made "on the forums".
    I never use pinky extensions on the G26 for that reason. The curled pinking grip is tighter than the full hand grip.

15. APERS

APERS

That is good shooting, I concur on the G17 rear sight needs drifted a bit. But very consistent.
    Would be interesting to see three strings of ten or so, with you're carry ammo of choice.
    Same everything, just comparing EDC ammo to the FMJ.
    (124gr Gold Dot is the most accurate out of my Glock 9mm's. 124gr HST +P not far behind.
    No thread highjack intended, just wondering.)
    :flag::cheers:

16. harold63

harold63 I'm not retired

Agreed the 17's RR sight is off, a little. At 45', it will be a small adjustment. None of my Glocks shoot the same groups off my rest (my design, very similar to a Ransom), so it very well could be the 19 is simply a little more loose. You could verify this using a rest with all 3 guns, though it's a little hard to get the grip butt and muzzle of a G26 on a pistol rest, but can be done with some patience. Just looking at the groups, my money is on the 17 shooting a little tighter off a rest than the 19 will. I never (nor should anyone) start telling you grip is wrong or you're not focusing until you actually determine what the gun will shoot, stationary...that is, if you really want to know. Granted, a person could shoot a 26 better than a 19, or vise-versa, and that could have something to do with grip, milking, and trigger pull, even, but the only way to compare the accuracies between the 3 is shoot them off a rest.

17. OttoLoader

OttoLoader

I always test out any new or new to me gun with a bench and sand bag rest. Both my G19 and G26 are accurate so if any difference a dually shooting them is the human technique.
    I prefer the G26 because as in my previous reply, the G26 fits more readily in my hand.
    With the G19 I can shoot it just as well but I use more trigger and have to take more care getting the same consistent grip because the G19 does not have the same G26 hump.
    I have found through experience each model may have a slight variation in the required technique based upon specific dimensions.
    If my G19 shot slightly left I would make sure the sight are dead center then tryore finger. I would not first drift the rear sight.
    All my hanguns (revolver, ruger mark III, 1911 Glock with factory or night sights, Walther ) have their sight dead center. I never needed to drift the sight to make up for shots grouping slightly off center.