close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Interesting range results

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by windpoint, Aug 3, 2012.

1. windpoint

windpoint

So back in the 70s when I carried a job related firearm it was a Colt Trooper. I still have it. I was an average shot then as I am today. We finally got CCW in Wisconsin last year thanks to our Governor Walker. Anyway, the Trooper is too big to carry so I decided to go the semi-auto route. Now I'm a photographer and the same debates rage in that world as in the world of guns. Nikon vs Canon etc. I bought a Glock 26, 27, 23, 36, a Springfield XD45, and a M&P 9mm full size. I have GAS, Gear Acquisition Syndrome. To see for myself what shoots better for me with what ammo I tested everything today under a controlled environment. Different firearms with different ammo, both hollow points and FMJ from numerous manufactures. The results for me were the same as when I use different cameras. The same. With every firearm. With every brand of ammo. Patterns the same. Now I can't drive nails with my shooting but I put the rounds in a sheet of paper at 10 yards. But the results were identical in every case! 9mm, 40 and 45. So like with cameras this will make my life easier and simple. I will decide what to carry based on comfort. Now the problem is do I sell some and keep just one or two in the same caliber or do the real guy thing and keep 'em all. My wife rolls her eyes and says I have so many big problems in life. She carries a snub nose.

2. Rustin

Rustin

Have you tried 1911's yet? BEST trigger, best ergo's. You WILL be able to shoot one ragged hole all day!

But I digress, ditch the .40's and the G36 and get yourself a Les baer or and Ed brown or at least a Dan Wesson.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012

3. F106 Fan

F106 Fan

I regret every firearm I have ever sold. There were a bunch... Every time I was trying to trade up for something I just "had to have".

I would keep every one of them. They're paid for, the pain is over, keep them all!

Richard

4. Raleigh Glocker

Raleigh Glocker

I have GAS, too! Now I have a name for it that my wife will agree with. :)

5. barth

barth six barrels

+1
    I have eight handguns and two hands - LOL!
    Only sold one gun in my life.
    And I'm pretty sure I F)(**( up on that one...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  6. Bruce M

Bruce M

Yikes! Thats the one you sold??

7. barth

barth six barrels

Yes,
    sad now.....

8. Bruce M

Bruce M

Sorry. But I'm sure it made sense at the time. And they are still out there.