Interesting outcome at less lethal training this weekend

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by emt1581, Oct 26, 2010.

1. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

At our EMS conference this weekend one of the trainings was on less lethal weapons. They went through impact weapons, taser (made the room jump when he fired that off), then came the OC spray part.

The doctor and officer that were putting on the presentation were actually pretty funny. One joke after the next. Then the cop broke out the pepper spray.

Now the can was actually inert. However, he fired a massive cloud of the contents into the air and as it started circulating, even though there was no OC, it still made the entire front half of the room choke pretty bad. The cop apologized and you could tell he felt bad.

End of class!!

It actually pissed a bunch of older people off pretty bad. They were standing at the doorway pissing and moaning about how horrible that OC was! :rofl:

-Emt1581

2. tc556guy

tc556guy

Some of our guys were screwing around at the range a couple of months ago and spraying that "inert" stuff around the classroom. Its more irritating than people realize.

3. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

Yeah it is. I mean it just smelled like air freshener but I think the volume of it is what irritated people. But to mistake it for OC was ridiculous! I've never been sprayed but I've come within whiffing distance...nasty stuff!!!

-Emt1581