close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Interesting holster for carrying at work (under dress shirt)

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by MarccraM, Mar 8, 2010.

1. MarccraM

MarccraM

Ive had some challenges carrying at work. I dont like the idea of a iwb tuckable because people know Im an ultra pro-2a guy so I dont want the attention of a clip over the belt.

I have used a smartcarry but I am not particularly comfortable with it.

So I tried this out:

[​IMG]

(Picture taken from the company's website. Its basically like a belly band that is held in place high (just under the chest with shoulder straps).

Bottom line.. I wouldnt be too jazzed about carrying a large gun at all.. The thickness and weight would probably be uncomfortable, but I am carrying a Ruger LCP in it, and its basically very comfortable and nobody is the wiser...

There is a similar holster called the kangaroo.. but I ended up trying this one.

I have nothing to do with the company, I just figured I would pass along the info as I wasnt familiar with this design.

Website is:
    www.activeprogear.com/

I almost tried those concealment shirts but they are wildly expensive so I went this route... so far very pleased... I may even be able to get away with something a bit larger....

2. Jack23

Jack23 I. B. Glockin'

Lots of different choices out there. What it's all about is getting it comfortable for YOU. We all need something a little different. I'm glad we all have so many options and ways to go. Glad you found something that works for you.

3. 40 Cal Joe

40 Cal Joe

Lately I have been using a CompTac Minotaur. Able to change the Kydex holster part for one to fit a different pistol. Sits low, carry a HK-P2000 or Glock 23 in it.

4. MarccraM

MarccraM

I certainly wasnt suggesting this holster as a replacement for a comptac.. I have a comptac minotaur with 3 bodies, but it is unrealistic for my work environment.

This was just a solution where an IWB is just far too risky.