Interesting findings w/armorer inspection

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by docj78, Mar 8, 2010.

1. docj78

docj78

EDIT: I posted the picture in this post while at work--without the gun with me to look at. i have posted another post later in the thread (post #6) of the actual location on the barrel.The Nick IS NOT on the underside of the feed ramp. Sorry for the confusion, and thanks as always for the support you guys provide.

I had my neighbor who is a certified armorer take a look at my G23 on Saturday. I pointed out a few peculiar concerns that I had including a small chip/nick on the barrel. See later post for updated/accurate image and location of nick/burr

(this is a generic picture i took off the web--not MY barrel)

I also pointed out some nickel plating that has been scraped off the locking block, and finally some very small paint/tenifer missing from the OUTSIDE of the extractor.

He was mostly concerned with the nick/burr on the barrel--especially in conjuntion with the locking block being scraped. I have posted about some FTF's w/ the gun in the 2 months/~1200 rounds I've owned it since NIB purchase. I wonder if these issues may be related...
    The gun HAS NEVER been dropped/abused and I have been obesessive w/ cleaning/maintaining it.

He said it is up to me what to do about it... Wanted to get some feedback here. What do you folks think? Any other armorers think this is an issue?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  2. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

I'd be looking for whatever is causing the wear on the bottom of the feed ramp.

Can't take pics of the actual parts for us? :)

3. docj78

docj78

I'll snap a picture as soon as my wife finds our camera.

The wear is as circled in the NEWLY POSTED pic in post number 6. It is right on the edge/lip. It is a small nick that you can scratch w/ your fingernail, and is indeed visible.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  4. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Gun works?
    Accuracy is still good?
    :supergrin:

5. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy

Write Glock and send pictures. They will make it right if it is bad.

6. docj78

docj78

I had previously posted a pic with the nick on the underside of the feed ramp ( thanks Butch). Here is the picture of a barre that show the location of the nick as it is...

Thanks for the help all...

Attached Files: