close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Interesting DUI check point refusal

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Dalton Wayne, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache Millennium Member

Interesting DUI check point refusal the guys got some brass ones, how would you have handled this.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILqc0DMh84k&feature=player_embedded"]Las Vegas DUI Checkpoint Refusal - YouTube[/ame]

2. MO Fugga

MO Fugga Malt Liqra® Lifetime Member

3. PBCounty

PBCounty

I would have cooperated and then come home to get on GT and brag about how I told 'em off and got an apology from the supervisor.

4. SMOKEin

SMOKEin

Obviously should have been slammed onto the ground and shot.

Made me LOL when she let him go abruptly though :)

5. brausso

brausso

I would have had no problem just answering the question and moving on with my evening, but I have no problem with the either side in this circumstance.

6. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

Of course you'd let us know that you were open carrying, and they harassed you and you sued them for millions. :supergrin:

7. Viper16

Viper16

*clank* *clank* *Clank*
    Yep, those sure were some brass ones. Funny how nobody really got mad or upset that he didn't answer.

8. PBCounty

PBCounty

Oh....they started their harassment routine until I got out of the car and showed off my swagger. That group thinned out real quick and I heard a few voices crack.

9. walt cowan

walt cowan

if you want to catch dui's, why not sit outside a bar or a package store and stop folks comming out of the parking lot:dunno:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  10. jhall

jhall

Dang I was hoping this was the "Am I being detained?!?" guy.

11. Dubble-Tapper

Dubble-Tapper

i see what hes getting at, but dui check points keep drunks off the road, and i am ok with that. if you arent drinking and driving, or smoking pot in your car, you shouldnt be worried about it.

ill take that little bit of intrusion even if they only get a couple drinkers off the road, thats possibly one innocent life saved. ive had too many people i know die from idiots who think they are fine to drive.

12. PBCounty

PBCounty

Back when we had a local PD, that was done. The local bars / restaurants had a fit about it and that came to a stop. I doubt if affected numbers much.

If they really wanted to take that route, they could get their fill in one night outside of any football / baseball / concert stadium but I doubt it would go over well.

ETA: Man, the end of the drive-thru lane at the late night Taco Bells and McDonald's would be a gold mine.

13. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

In before NCL comes in to tell you all how wrong you are. :rofl:

14. Powder

Powder

Why should they?

15. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Typical nut. Which GT member is it and is he also an OC activist? I assume he'll be along to point out that was his right, etc., etc., etc. - yeah, being a ***hole is everybody's right, but some people choose not to do it. When they don't, sometimes they cause other people to be ***holes to.

The guy did come up with and interesting idea - refusing to answer questions at a random checkpoint stop, is an unusual legal problem. It may call for an unorthodox real-world answer - departing from the theoretical legal environment, one might say. So, where I used to work, I am 100% confident that the smell of alcoholic beverages on his breath would have converted it to a reasonable suspicion stop and he would have been taken out of the car for further investigation, including field sobriety tests. Then I'd have pointed out that, since he doesn't seem to be drunk, he could have avoided that whole issue by answering some questions. His video wouldn't have helped him.

That should give the tinfoilers, "libertarian activists" and left-wingers something to debate.:rofl:

16. OctoberRust

Was 10mm with 135 grain bullets @ 1975 FPS right? :supergrin:

17. OctoberRust

:rofl:

So Bren tell us, would you have pepper-sprayed or tazed the guy first? :rofl::rofl:

18. Reswob

Reswob

Notice when the Sgt comes over and asks if had anything to drink and the driver asks if he has to answer the question, the Sgt. pretends not to hear. I guess it probably varies by state, but in some places (including NV apparently) you do NOT have to answer. The cops running the checkpoint of course will not tell you that co-operating with the checkpoint is voluntary, and there's nothing they can do if you refuse (unless you are very obviously impaired).

19. PBCounty

PBCounty

My CCW instructor told me the best way to handle these is to wait for them to ask you a question and then yell "God dammit!!" while kicking the door open with a cowboy boot (door hinges degreased for maximum squeak) and get out and curse up a storm.

20. BudMan5

BudMan5

It would have been fun to see this video taped at a Chicago Police DUI checkpoint.

After the driver had been removed from his vehicle through the smashed window and beaten into the ground, he would have been charged with felony video taping the police, resisting arrest, aggravated battery of a police officer and cited a city ordinance violation of tinted windows (a $275 fine)