Interested in What Can for your Glock 9mm?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by MrCowboy99, Sep 23, 2007.

1. MrCowboy99

MrCowboy99

I'm interested in obtaining a suppressor for my Glock 9mm family. I want some recommendations. I would like to run it dry but with decent suppression. I'm leaning toward a Evo-9.

What type of barrel do you use with it? (post or email me a pic if you can.) I'm looking to host it on a Glock 19 but could use a G17 at times.

Any insight would be appreciated as I want get this ordered and processed before the laws / president changes.

2. CaptToyota

CaptToyota

For the G-17, the Evo-9, or the SWR model. Fella around here has the SWR, says he has had no problewm with the set-up...

May be bset to hit the "Subguns NFA forum" for suppressor info... fella I know is "Ed in Ohio".

Not sure about the G-19, seems to me that is a problem to get to cycle.. I very well could be wrong also, but go find out.

3. Hoser

Hoser Ninja

I am running a G-17 with a KKM barrel and an AAC Evo. No problems here.

I tried to thread a OEM G-34 barrel and it didnt cut well at all.

4. Blitzer

Blitzer Cool Cat

Would you mean "which" can? It took me a second to figure out "what" you were asking. :supergrin:

5. william_h

william_h

The tests over at silencerresearch.com showed the SWR to be a little quieter than the Evo-9. Although I just got an Evo-9 for my Glocks and it's great. If I shoot it in the backyard, someone standing inside wouldn't hear the shot. Basically like a really loud pelllet gun.

6. MisterPX

MisterPX Guest

I recommend the Evo. Using a Jarvis on my Sig, a LW for teh 17, and a generic for the 19.

7. Stan_TheGunNut

Stan_TheGunNut

I have an Evo-9 that I run on a G17 with a Jarvis barrel. It runs well, and I haven't had any problems with it. It's my understanding that AAC has provided Lone Wolf with some specs for the threading and that the newer threaded barrels from Lone Wolf are great (not the the older ones were bad). LW barrels are generally a little over 100 dollars which is a reasonable price.

I like my Evo-9, but the SWR is also supposed to be really good, but a bit larger. Both AAC and SWR are great companies.

8. MatGlock

MatGlock

I've got an Evo-9 on a Glock 19 with a lone wolf barrel. The setup works great. (Using LPA? sights). I kind of wish I had a Glock 17 instead of the 19 for suppressor use. It would give a little more grip to counter the weight of the suppressor.

9. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker SuperOwner

I use Glock 17L barrel in my 34, 34 barrel in a 17.

10. wack86

wack86

Evo9 on a 26/23 and ar sbr