Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Sometimes it happens like that..... Copper prevailed and went home..... Bad guy didn't.....

·
Banned
29,785 Posts
Suicide by cop?

·
Massive Member
25,423 Posts
Suicide by cop?
Maybe, did he actually fire a shot, or just wave it around? Was it even a real gun?

Was just sort of wandering around in the street, wondering if he was hit with the first 9 shots...

Good work by the cop, recognizing a potential threat by behavior before the gun was displayed.

Randy

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,675 Posts
This has to be a fake video, all the gun range gurus who shoot competition on Saturdays and hang out here on GT the rest of the time have repeatedly told us that cops can't shoot and that a guy who shoots competitions on Saturdays would make the ultimate gunfighter, because that's better than any training or real life experience, and everyone knows that cops can't shoot ....

Or some other such ignorant nonsense.

·
Unfair Facist
26,891 Posts
All we know for certain is the cop wasn't carrying a 10mm. If he had been the BG would have been completely vaporized with the first shot.

·
Banned
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Suicide by cop?

Hard to say, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had general issues with law enforcement, knew that he might get pulled over, then did this weird and abrupt right hand turn without signaling. I think he wanted to give the LEO a reason to pull him over, so that he could get pissed at him. Maybe he through he would be the badass for a change, but when the bullets came flying his direction he couldn't grasp reality and went into full-on-bonkers mode.

Clearly not mentally stable. Probably just a matter of time and he would have pulled his gun in a road rage incident or at any other confrontation.

In the end I'm just glad that the LEO went home, and that he did a fantastic job.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Hard to say, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had general issues with law enforcement, knew that he might get pulled over, then did this weird and abrupt right hand turn without signaling.
He ran a stop sign prior to the video coming on. The lights were already on when the video starts. That's why the officer says anywhere is fine a few seconds into the video.

·
Banned
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He ran a stop sign prior to the video coming on. The lights were already on when the video starts. That's why the officer says anywhere is fine a few seconds into the video.

Didn't get that part, only saw the lights reflecting once the suspect came to a full stop. Makes it even worse when he thought that he had a reason to be pissed for being pulled over. Some people think that they are above everything.

·
Pretty Ladies!
4,630 Posts
Good job by the officer. One thing I noticed is that he kept fiddling with his bodycam to make sure it was on. Those GD things are a nothing but a distraction. It was most egregious after the final shots, but the encounter wasn't really over even then. I'm not blaming him, but that's what's in patrol officers' heads these days.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Yup... Front passenger door window... I'm pretty sure management will let that one slide....

·
Banned
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good job by the officer. One thing I noticed is that he kept fiddling with his bodycam to make sure it was on. Those GD things are a nothing but a distraction. It was most egregious after the final shots, but the encounter wasn't really over even then. I'm not blaming him, but that's what's in patrol officers' heads these days.

No surprise with all that PC nonsense in todays world, shown and pressured by news outlets on a mission, and driven by emotional people with zero experiences nor a clue.

On the other hand, I think there is a well growing number of civilians that watch these recordings and adjust their outlook accordingly. I see a lot more people pulling for the officers on scene and defending against your average knucklehead asking to shoot limbs first.

·
Registered
8,791 Posts
It looks like the BG did get one shot off at the end (gunsmoke puff from barrel, looks like).

I just used that video to show my wife that BGs can get shot and still keep shooting. And how many rounds can be shot in a firefight just that quickly.

Maybe she'll go for a P365 now....
Yup. I counted 11 shots by the cop. But nobody needs more than 6, amirite?

·
Pretty Ladies!
4,630 Posts
Yup... Front passenger door window... I'm pretty sure management will let that one slide....
Especially since he got it on bodycam.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts