close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

installing night sights... Glock sight tool , or send it to Kahr

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by jp233, Mar 7, 2006.

1. jp233

jp233 u said "member"

fellow Kahr owners and lovers - I recently picked up a nice K9 Elite 98 in great condition, except the rear sight has fallen out of the gun and now slides in and out of the dovetail with ease. The stock front sight also is missing a *tiny* speck of paint, and considering this will be my carry piece once I move out of this state, I want to put new night sights on it and be done with it.

I have Meps on my Glock and love them. They are priced right too, both on the Kahrshop website or elsewhere.

My question is, can you install these sights with a Glock sight tool ? Anyone had any luck with that? I won't be doing this myself as all I have is punches/hammers etc and I don't want to bang on tritium sights. A local guy has a Glock sight tool and is a certified glock armorer, can this be done fairly easily?

3-4 weeks for Kahr accessories is a looooong time to ship, so I'm wondering if they can do the job quicker than that (haven't had any luck w/ them over the phone).

anyone got any pics of their Kahr with Meps on them ? TIA :)

;c ;c ;c ;c ;c

2. Lynn D

Lynn D Bullseye?

I can't speak for K9, as I have P9. I know that my FFL (who does stuff like swapping sights etc.) said that because of how the dovetails are cut on Kahrs, it is really "a pain in the neck". Now he didn't say it was impossible, but from other stuff I've read, it does require a good deal of patience. As such, I had mine installed at the factory at the time of order.

Good luck.

Lynn

3. mecenas1991

mecenas1991

I have seen meps and trijicons and Las Vegas specials and after a long research I settled on X/S big dot for my MK9 and I have never regretted the choice. Granted, they were $120.00 but Kahr did not charge me for installation and did a good job replacing factory sights.
    For a defense pistol, the big dot is the fastest to acquire under stress and in any lighting conditions (thus it is called 24/7) and it is very, very accurate.
    Just my two cents.

4. jp233

jp233 u said "member"

Do you carry with the Big Dot ? I'm just wondering how much it could snag ?

God any pics of the Big Dots ? I'm wondering how BIG the BIG DOT is... ;f

5. mecenas1991

mecenas1991

I carry my MK9 in a holster (either OWB or IWB) and not in the pocket. So far I never had a snagging problem. The big dot is just a bit bigger than the factory front sight but unless you try in the pocket (or someone already had) I couldn't answer your question.
    I do not consider MK9 a pocket pistol because of weight.

6. jp233

jp233 u said "member"

sweet, i plan on carrying IWB so maybe those would be good...

seems I'm going to have to send the slide back to Kahr. I emailed them today with no response, going to pound the phones again tomorrow I guess....

7. bundaddy

bundaddy

I bought nite sights from Kahr and had my local dealer's gunsmith install them. Charged $30 and I had it back in four days!!!

8. jp233

jp233 u said "member"

Yeah, I probably should've just done that since I could've ordered the night sights online elsewhere and got a holster too, but I sent my slide to Kahr and its supposed to return today.....

Can't wait to get it and go shoot the thing some more - will report back w/ pics!