close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Installing Glock +2 Basepads

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by triggerpresser, Oct 6, 2006.

1. triggerpresser

triggerpresser

What is the trick? Everytime I slide the basepad on it pops off as I squeeze the sides to get past the tabs. I have the insert installed in the basepad first, is this the correct method? I also tried placing the insert over the spring end first, depressing the spring and insert while sliding the basepad on. This allows the basepad to slide past the tabs. But I can't get the insert to seat in the bottom of the basepad this way. What am I doing wrong???

2. triggerpresser

triggerpresser

OK, I figured out to place the insert on the spring first. Then with the spring depressed, slide the basepad on. However, it is tricky getting the cutouts in the insert to slide up onto the tabs in the basepad so the insert is pushed to the bottom of the mag or basepad. I have two out of four done now and I have spent 10 times as long on the two not done than on the two I have done. There must be a trick other than dumb luck???

3. triggerpresser

triggerpresser

OK, I think I figured out the trick on the difficult ones. The springs are formed inconsistent. Therefore when you place the insert on the spring you have to twist the spring some to align the sides of the insert parrallel with the mag tube. The pay attention to how far you slide the insert onto the spring, the insert needs to be positioned as closely as possible to the front of the mag tube, so you may need to leave a little spring sticking out the back side of the insert. I hope that somebody can decipher what I am trying to say and actually be helped by it someday.

:banana: :tongueout: :banana:

4. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Yep, they can be a pain but work great after the work is done. I don't know of an easier way and I have done 30 of them.