close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Installing ashley sights on glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by billcameron, Oct 2, 2002.

1. billcameron

billcameron

Interested in ashley sights for my glock 26. Went to ashley website, but not clear how to install. Seems they only have set screw rear sights for glock- is that correct???? If so do you just position sight and then put on red loctite. If so can you apply loctite with sight in place, I assume set screw holds for a while until you apply loctite. Harder if have to mark, then apply loctite and reposition to some mark. Also nothing on how front sight attached to glock. I have trijicon on one glock, is that how ashley are attached and can I use same tool/nut driver I used for trijicon front sight. Any info would be appreciated, even question I have not asked, but should have. And of course how do you like your ashleys? Also will they exchange rear sights if you need to adjust for your point of impact. I had to exchange my trijicon rear in one case. thanks.

2. J.R. Bob Dobbs

J.R. Bob Dobbs Nerd

I installed a set of Ashleys on a Glock 32, and really like the sights. Installation was a snap, and the sights come with all tools needed; Wrench for front sight nut, nylon punch to remove/install rear sight, allen wrench for rear set screws, locktite, etc.

Rear sight install is easy. Tap out old sight, tap in new one. Tighten setscrews and go shoot to check windage, and adjust if necessary. Come home, apply drop of locktite around rear sight (it will seep in), and it's completely cured overnight. Being anal, I used some green locktite that I had lying around, designed to be applied after parts are assembled. But I'm sure the supplied red will work fine. The instructions will also remind you to put a drop of locktite on the front sight screw, too; do it.

Oh, and they'll sell you a different height rear sight very cheap if you need it; mine was perfect.

3. billcameron

billcameron

JR,

Thanks for info. Couple other questions that you may be able to answer. I plan to get the rear with tritium. Therefore, a different height rear would not be cheap I expect. Therefore, do you know if they will exchange, if undamaged ie no loctite applied. Also did you purchase direct from ashley or did you find some place that gave discount? Naturally I am interested in contact if you found discount place. Also question if ashley will exchange rear sight if not purchased direct. Thanks. And what combo did you get re size of dot and tritium or not in rear?