Glock Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It was much easier than I expected to install my ZEV Pro Trigger. Initially had an issue with the safety not resetting, so I swapped the ZEV Ejector Housing for the Glock OEM one, and installed the ZEV trigger spring, Pro connector, and trigger bar, then dropped it in. My trigger pull went from 6lbs to 3lbs. I tried two different trigger pull scales, digital & analog, and they both came in at 3.0lbs.

ZEV PRO FLAT FACE TRIGGER ULTIMATE KIT 9MM BLK/RED
  • ZEV PRO Flat Faced Riveted Trigger and Trigger Bar
  • ZEV Ejector Housing (Gen 1-4)
  • ZEV PRO Connector
  • ZEV Trigger Spring
  • ZEV PRO Striker Spring
  • ZEV Stainless Steel Firing Pin Safety
  • ZEV Firing Pin Safety Spring
  • ZEV Stainless Steel Skeletonized Striker

Line Font Auto part Automotive exterior Trigger

Bottle Beer Room Automotive design Output device

Blue Font Line Rectangle Symbol

Air gun Trigger Tool Gun accessory Gun barrel

·
I'm not retired
8,488 Posts
With a very detailed trigger parts polish and only an extra pound trigger spring, I get a dead nuts 4lb pull with my range toy G41. Everything but the trigger spring is OEM. I've looked at this, before, but don't know if I want to spend the $ for 1 pound. Running a half inch drive air wrench all day I don't know if I'd even feel it. A 4lb pull feels like nothing to me as it is. Hope it is reliable for you.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Don't sweat it iClique, you're gonna get a little bit of grief for "customizing" your Glock with "after market" parts, some of the Fanbois around here think that doing so is blasphemy and disrespectful to their prophet Gaston Glock.

I installed a Zev pro trigger kit into my G19 awhile back and it is a big improvement over the "stock" trigger and no, I have not had any reliability issues with it.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I put a Zev Safety Pin in my Glock and it started chipping. Apparently the Glock steel is harder and will scratch and chip the zev parts. But the whole Zev kit should be fine to use altogether because the parts are of similar softness. The lighter metal will make a lighter trigger overall.
Though, the softness concerns me.
I prefer the Glock parts polished, i dont believe in "range only guns"

·
Registered
47 Posts
Zev Pro kits with flat face triggers are great. I have them in both daily carry pistols, G30S and Gen 5 19. After 1000s of rounds in each, the 30S has settled in at 3.0 lbs and the 19 is at 3.25 lbs. Work perfectly and never have an issue.

·
I'm not retired
8,488 Posts
Don't sweat it iClique, you're gonna get a little bit of grief for "customizing" your Glock with "after market" parts,
I've been here a good while and I've only seen the grief givers give with a personal defense Glock. Haven't seen any bashing worth mentioning with range toy Glocks.

·
I'm not retired
8,488 Posts
Why are there so many haters in here?!
Finally a question instead of a 'huh' or '?'.

No one here cares what you do to your range toy. Here's where the hate comes from...you had to go back to an OEM part because one of the Zev parts didn't work. If you're doing that with a defense gun, it's the same thing as playing Russian roulette except the bullet to your head comes from the bad guy's gun when yours doesn't fire. Glock OEM parts are 99.99% reliable.

·
Banned
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Don't sweat it iClique, you're gonna get a little bit of grief for "customizing" your Glock with "after market" parts, some of the Fanbois around here think that doing so is blasphemy and disrespectful to their prophet Gaston Glock.

I installed a Zev pro trigger kit into my G19 awhile back and it is a big improvement over the "stock" trigger and no, I have not had any reliability issues with it.
Yeah, I had to block Harold63… that guy has nothing better to do than hate. People like that must lead miserable lives!

·
I'm not retired
8,488 Posts
OP is 10 posts into the forum and is already blocking someone that merely told him the truth. FWIW, I don't care what someone does to their gun. I tried to give him some insight as to why people (smart people) don't use AM parts in their defense guns.

Here's the sign...pay $196 for trigger kit that you cannot even use the entire kit. I'm gonna run right out and do that. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
384 Posts
Everyone's experience is different. Guns are much like the car world. Most people wont work on a Toyota themselves, they will be proud that they pay a certified Toyota mechanic to keep it running until they trade it in for another.
Then there is the guys, like me. Who can keep their Toyota Hybrid maintained to for 400,000 miles and sell it in perfect condition. A OEM radiator fan went out at 130,000 miles, $3000 to a mechanic to fix, $130 aftermarket part, 2hrs of work, car is fixed, and the radiator fan still ran hard 280,000 miles later.
A trigger on a Glock takes me 5 minutes to replace. It takes me 10 minutes to run 50 rounds. It does not require much to test the function of a firearm, if the OP does not shoot much, the parts might exceed him/her. If he does, he would have gauged the life expectanc, and maintenance intervals of the AM parts.
God knows I didnt work on my Toyota at recommended maintenance intervals. Over time, I gauged its use and maintenance requirement, and went with that.
I did ask the OP the price. $200 does not seem steep for an aftermarket trigger by consumer standard, but it does by a DIY'fer standard.
I have a Ghost kit, 6lbs trigger, 6lbs FPS, reduced power Safety Pin Spring, 3.5 connector, and marine cups. Payed a total of $40, without a lyman gauge, hard to say, but the trigger feels a good 3.5 lbs. Im going to buy a gauge just for this. If the gauge is very close to what the OP claims, then I would seriously claim the Zev kit to be overpriced. But then again, a 1/2lbs lighter trigger pull might be ideal for someone out there who is willing to spend the ammo to try it. More power to them.
Its very annoying to hear someone tell you not to buy something AM, especially when they admittedly never tried it themselves, its not a smart idea to follow the herd sometimes, especially knowing how most people are. I got plenty of, Toyota Certified Mechanic talks during my 6 years with it from people who cant even fix their own computers. I repaired my hybrid battery with a cheap RC charger and extra battery cells bought online, which i still have.
I havent had too much bad luck with quality of AM parts with Glocks, just parts that I didnt like after trying. I do use ETS mags, and consider them superior to the OEM mags, but I had to modify them with Glock springs. Most people will hate on me for that, but its their loss. I wont even share how i mod them because I dont want criminals knowing how to fix them, i prefer that those mags not run right out the box.

·
I'm not retired
8,488 Posts
Everyone's experience is different.
It's too bad the OP didn't express whether his gun was a range toy or for PD. Usually, when someone puts AM parts in their range toy and they have FTF or NRS, people are generally happy to help. Getting the 'put the OEM parts back in your PD/carry gun' when it has failures is only logical.....and smart.

If your car won't start, you just get it fixed or catch a ride. If your PD gun won't fire, it could mean the beginning of you pushing up daisies.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.