·
Ornery & Irreverent
11,159 Posts
I hear that. 'Tis the suk.

Reactions: Batesmotel

·
Registered
8,931 Posts
Usually I'm out in 2 minutes...the Mrs hates me for it. But, if I'm struggling a glass of milk helps.

Of course, I'm posting this at 3:49 am and have been up since 2:30. My sleep pattern is go to bed, wake up every few hours, roll over out again in 30 seconds.

For whatever reason this last cycle could go back down.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Earplugs, darkness, no drugs or alcohol. Go to bed at the same time. Get up at the same time, regardless of sleep quality.
Limit caffeine to early hours.

These are some of the things that help me.

Other times, I just give in and stay up. After a couple nights, I crash early and hard and it kinda resets something.

*Anecdotal only. Nothing here to be construed as medical advice.*

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Are you male, 60ish, maybe had an issue or event?

welcome to my life.

it’s a mixed bag for me. Sometimes if I perform some tasks like washing three cars; I mean scrubbing & drying, cleaning up and putting everything away then some time in the reloading room I go down and stay down.

Yesterday I did some running around(wife doesn’t like me to cause I’m susceptible she says)auto parts store, mail gun parts and face masks for her(she medical type), installed parts/uninstalled unnecessary parts, cut, edged & blew yard and now I’m up at fiveA.
Oh, and I got scammed on a gun deal. Didn’t lose any cash but I got played pretty good I feel. I’m trying not to go racial with it but it is a factor I believe.

Come on sevenA, I want my coffee.

·
Registered
10,657 Posts
After my accident they put me on a bunch of different prescription sleeping pills. I hated the side effects and the nightmares were the worst. Every night...

Once I got home, I got off the prescriptions and then couldn't sleep at all. I found over the counter sleep aids work for me with no side effects. The ones sold in the Dollar Store work as well as any.

Go to bed, take them, be ready to shut your eyes when they hit. If I don't go to bed or I stay up reading or on the net and fight my way through the initial sleepiness, they don't work as well. Be ready to sleep when they hit.

·
Registered
24,005 Posts
Sucks big time. I think my son and I have what they call non 24 hour syndrome. Our body clocks don’t sync with the sun. It manifests as bad insomnia.

·
Registered
11,258 Posts
I try to stay up till 12, but even then, one p call at 3 - 4 and up for at least an hour.
Dogs in my face just before first light, how do they know, they want fed....little one has a pee pad, and will eat her morning poop if I don't get to it before she does...yuck BUT, RETIRED, so breakfast then back to bed till 9...LOVELY

·
Registered
13,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I get increments of an hour or so, with an hour or so in between.
I will go out and get some of that OTC stuff and see how that works.

·
NRA Member
1,252 Posts
Benadryl knocks me out and keeps me asleep for hours!

Reactions: Butch_Coolidge

·
Mentally Frozen
28,365 Posts
Melatonin is natural and sold on the shelf at the drug store, or an antihistamine.

·
Registered
11,107 Posts
I had this pretty bad for a couple of years. Tried the usual: no caffeine late in the day (actually none at all for two years), read something before bed, etc.

What fixed mine was getting up very early (4:55) seven days a week, regardless of when I went to bed. No naps other then power naps shorter than about 15 minutes. Seven days a week was the key.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I fall asleep withing a minute, but tend to wake up couple of times during a night. A month ago I got Magnesium Chloride. I take 4 capsules in the evening and wake up during a night much less often.

·
Horselover Fat
34,876 Posts
When you’re tired of dicking around, one word........ Ambien. Take one, immediately lay down, enjoy a good night’s sleep.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts