close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Insomnia sufferers ?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by mr00jimbo, Jun 17, 2012.

1. mr00jimbo

mr00jimbo

In November I was having trouble staying asleep because of some stomach problems or gastro problems, whatever.
    My Dr. prescribed a low dose of mirtazipine, 7.5 mg.
    It knocked me out.

Lately for the last month or so, I can't sleep. My sleep schedule is awful. I'll go to bed at midnight, wake up at 1-2 am, lie awake until maybe 5 AM, fall asleep until 7 Am and my alarm wakes me up.

Tried melatonin
    Tried sleep relaxation music
    tried over the counter sleep meds

When I go to bed, i am EXHAUSTED and still I don't just "turn off", I keep going.
    There's no noticeable increase in stress, or anxiety, or worry in my life.

I went and saw my doctor desperate for help. He is convinced that there's something I'm withholding from him (I'm not :dunno: ) about stress or depression or something...there's not. The only thing I'm stressed about is being unable to ****ing sleep!

Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday night I don't sleep. Wednesday, Thursday, Friday nights I tend to sleep. Weds night I am on campus for 13 hours so I come home tired and happy to finish the school week. Thursday my girlfriend comes over and when she stays over I sleep like a baby usually. Friday I still feel good from the sex and companionship of Thursday. Then Saturday I toss and turn again.
    School is NOT stressing me out any more than usual this semester. Life is not stressing me out. My lack of the ability to SLEEP is stressing me out. Dr. won't prescribe sleep meds due to addiction (which I appreciate) but maintains it's stress and when I address it, it'll go away.

I don't know what to do. I actually fear going to bed at night. I wake up feeling like I can't breathe some nights, others I sleep like a baby.

Your thoughts?

2. Restless28

Restless28

My 11 year old daughter has become an insomniac as she becomes stricter with her vegetarian diet.

3. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

I say it in every thread like this.

[​IMG]

Heavy compound lifts.

It is the best natural regulator of sleep there is. It will change your life in many, wonderful ways. If you cant sleep and you are not lifting hard and heavy, chances are very high that is a solution you are missing.

A lot of people dont really know what tired is (on a consistent basis) real, deep, total body, tired.

lift big, go to sleep.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  4. Rabbi

BTW, "busy" "stress" "lots of hours of work" or even lack of sleep simply wont produce the real tired what exercise will. It can take a few weeks (as you learn what it takes) but people who have not done it, cant understand.

(just to point out an exception, there are some people who have jobs that tax the body in a similar way but few of the "office" set works like Loggers of the Infantry)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  5. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

remeron like you mentioned , i take nightly have for years , if not for it i would not sleep at all !!!! like a mad hatter .

my brain wont shut down , plus with my anxiety and all meds im taking , i proly should be dead .

the weight lifting thing . been there done that . did nothing for me , im definately sure my meds are big part of it , but without meds i would be dead

6. Rabbi

You cant tax your body to failure or near failure over and over again and it not have an effect. Meds might mask that but it will have an effect.

7. UtahIrishman

UtahIrishman BLR Silver Member

I'm in total agreement with the Rabbi on this one.

The kind of tired a hard day at the office produces is not the drained but good feeling any kind of exercise gives you, but especially weigh lifting for some reason. Running gives you a good high and a depleted feeling, but if you run later in the day it can keep you up because of the adrenaline.

I usually lift two days a week and on those nights I sleep about as solid as I did when I was in my twenties. The only other exercise I've found that comes close is hard bicycling.

Anxiety can conjure up many health problems. Don't ask how I know. Exercise is a good starting point in dealing with anxiety.

8. Rabbi

That is the other big truth. Hard exercise (and again, weight lifting seems to be one of the best) destroys stress and anxiety. It really does give you a powerful dose of zen.

9. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

just read some new reports and on the news , new studies show no effects to help depression and anxiety with exercise as previously thought . but to each their own . i like exercising just to do something .

10. Rabbi

I have read that there are Aliens running the world and Bigfoots driving cabs in NYC. There area a handful of people with credentials that will even tell you tabacco isnt addictive

Do you, honestly for a second, believe it? Maybe you do.

11. jame

jame I don't even know....what I'm doing here....

I will agree, being "bone tired" will help you sleep well. The problem I seem to have run into, is that being involved in farming all of my life, coupled with moderate lifting through my thirties and forties have produced or accelerated torn muscles, stressed tendons, and joint pain as I enter my fifties.

Using correct "form" as they say, is easy when you're lifting. It's a whole 'nother ball game when you're under a combine, trying to un-stick a 50# rock that has jammed up all things mechanical.

There's a lot to be said for aspirin and rest to ease the tired body, but sleep can be difficult as we age. For me, ambien has been a God sent gift, but it's not for everyone.

If you have the genetics to work out hard all your life, by all means do it. But we all have to understand our limitations.

12. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

hmmm now lets get obtuse . did i say that i believe the new reports ?? nope . you should learn to read whole thing . and ofcourse i dont believe bigfoot driving cabs ,etc :rofl::rofl:
    but i do believe that *** holes WHO THINK THEY KNOW IT ALL roam the forums YMMV

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  13. mr00jimbo

mr00jimbo

I used to run and work out at night. I used to hit the gym at 11, be home at half past midnight, sleep soundly. Can't do that any more.
    Don't you weight lifters get an endorphin high from working out that late??

14. Rabbi

I dont work out that late. I work out early afternoon most days. They dont recomend you work out close to bed time. It can make it harder to sleep.

15. DoubleWide

DoubleWide

Self Hypnosis if you feel like your brain isn't shutting off.

16. Rabbi

I love the irony of someone who uses such bold hyperbole calling other people out.

17. Rabbi

Could you elaborate?

18. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

:dunno::dunno: i did not call anyone out , as you stated big foot driving taxi cars , i then stated just like *** hole know it all people cruising the forums . shame schmane .YMMV

:kiss::kiss::kiss: now you have nice night of cruising

ycfrjfw translated my friend :supergrin:

19. Rabbi

You should probably consider taking more meds.

20. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]:af::af: