Insane ammo prices from this weekend's gun show

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Scott1970, Sep 21, 2020.

1. picrthis

picrthis

whatever the market will bear

2. SpringerTGO

SpringerTGO

Just a thought on selling your ammo.........
    Today on the news protesters were openly carrying assault style weapons during riots where police officers were shot. A U-Haul van was seen with people unloading shields, masks, etc.
    People accumulate lots of ammo in anticipation of bad times. Those days are here and getting worse by the hour.
    Is this really the best time to sell your ammo?

nursetim, Bluescot, chiefjack and 2 others like this.

3. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

That's what I'm asking - what have people see as far as the recent market prices. It's hard to walk in and sell stuff if you don't know the value.

4. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Yeah, but getting a table and spending all day in Louisville doesn't sound like much fun. Usually, I take things to sell and people buy them as I'm walking in our during my first circuit through the show.

5. wjv

wjv RIP Stan Lee.. . .

Last couple of Vancouver WA gun show I went to had similar prices. Guns were 30%-50% over what you would normally pay. There is a well stocked local gun store that sells guns for only a bit more than what places like Sportsmans Warehouse is asking.

Sportsmans wants $580 for a CZ 75 D PCR Compact Pistol but has zero in stock. This place had one for $629 so I bought it. At the gun show they wanted $900 (OK, actually $899). 42% more than what I paid. The only value to me at the gun show was that I was able to hold a PCR and a RAMI side-by-side and decide on which one to buy.

6. wjv

wjv RIP Stan Lee.. . .

EXCEPT. . .

Unlike a tax on guns and ammo to prevent / discourage sales, EVERY firearm and EVER bullet being manufactured is being purchased by someone.

So the guns and ammo are making it into the hands of common citizens regardless of the prices. People are scared (or at least severely concerned). And for the first time in many decades even liberals are scared and are buying guns. Just proves that NO ONE believes the media or the politicians when they talk about the "peaceful protests".

nursetim and picrthis like this.
  7. wjv

wjv RIP Stan Lee.. . .

As in. . .
    For your AR. . .
    You can accept a Nike gift coupon for $100 OR 5 years in jail.

Take your pick

8. Terry G

Terry G

$580 is not that bad for a CZ 75D PCR, even $629.00 is doable in these times. I picked up a 75D for $550.00 two months ago just because I had one of those "Feelings". I already had a 75 Compact.

9. Blanton

Blanton

.....and one man's *****ing about price gouging (again, after all these shortages) is HIS lack of preparedness

Scott1970 likes this.
  10. J_Rico

J_Rico

Last time I sold ammo at a gun show, I made the first circuit with empty hands and open eyes.

Then I priced my ammo a little less than what I saw on tables and sold it before my second lap was complete.

JohnnyE likes this.
  11. PrescottGlock

PrescottGlock

So THAT'S where I left them!!

Duramaxsky and CBennett like this.
  12. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Probably the way to go. Leave my ammo in the car and take it in (or sell it outside) after scoping things out.

13. SpringerTGO

SpringerTGO

I just changed the barrel on my Scorpion to a 5" and had to sight it in. I brought an entire 50 round box with me. Surprisingly, the MRO was spot on with the new barrel. But I blew through the entire box anyways. Looks like it will be a few more years before I can afford to retire.

catman71 likes this.
  14. J_Rico

J_Rico

Good luck.

15. Glock-O-Rican

Glock-O-Rican

Well some of these prices are fishermen, looking for some SUCK FISH desperate for ammo.

catman71 likes this.
  16. Pluto57

Pluto57

Not as bad as current 9mm prices, true, but who is paying current prices?

17. Pluto57

Pluto57

I went to our gun show yesterday. I was looking for a .357 revolver, but didn't find anything I wanted. Prices weren't too out of line on guns, tho. Lots of Glocks for $599 to $625. I was tempted to buy a G19, but passed.

I wasn't paying too much attention to ammo since I knew it was going to be too high, but I did notice some S&B 9mm FMJ for $39 for a box of 50. Our local indoor range, which is owned by a commercial ammo reloading company, is usually set up selling their overpriced reloads which come with an hour of range time, but they were absent yesterday. Probably can't get primers.

18. josey

josey

Well, I have plenty of ammo on all my calibers for my needs for a long time to come ... no need for me to worry about that .

johns961 and ShipWreck like this.
  19. Current Resident

Current Resident

Many of us are not in that club. Many of us had made small purchased boxes every now and them and have some amassed.

Back in August I was at Cabelas and bought 2 of 5 packs of .223 55 grain slugs for reloads. I left the others for someone else to be able to have something too.

20. Pier23

Pier23 Silver Member

FINALLY!!!
    Someone willing to have “insanity” “Trump” and “Republicans” in the same sentence! That reminds me, I need to get Putin to PayPal me a few million so I can stiff my contractors and afford my accountants to not pay my taxes...

TACLOAD likes this.