GlockTalk Forum banner

81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
So, 100% serious here: Yesterday I went and looked through my ammo and found I have plenty to spare at the next gun show, so what kind of prices are people getting for:

20-round boxes of 5.56, like American Eagle and such?
50-round boxes of .40 S&W Gold Dot hollowpoints
Winchester and American Eagle .40 S&W FMJ
100 round box of Browning BPT 9mm
100 round boxes of Remington .38 spl. +P hollowpoints
50 round boxes of Remington .357 Mag 125 gr. sjhp
5 round boxes of Federal Law Enforcement 00 buckshot and slugs
500 round brick of Federal Gold Medal HV Match .22 LR
525 round pack of Remington .22 LR plated hollowpoints

I even have things like .45 Colt that I don't have a gun for and .44 spl. that I've never fired in my life.

And no, I'm not hinting that I want to sell on GT, or else I'd list it in classified. There's a National Gun Day show in Louisville in 2 weeks, so I'm going to load it up in a backpack and head to Louisville.
whatever the market will bear

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Just a thought on selling your ammo.........
Today on the news protesters were openly carrying assault style weapons during riots where police officers were shot. A U-Haul van was seen with people unloading shields, masks, etc.
People accumulate lots of ammo in anticipation of bad times. Those days are here and getting worse by the hour.
Is this really the best time to sell your ammo?

·
NRA Life Member
63,383 Posts
whatever the market will bear
That's what I'm asking - what have people see as far as the recent market prices. It's hard to walk in and sell stuff if you don't know the value.

·
NRA Life Member
63,383 Posts
If you want to really cash out, and you have a good amount, I'd suggest buying a table and listing prices in line with the prices I posted at the beginning of this thread. Of course, the defense rounds will bring a big premium. Also, I'd surf gunbroker to see what this stuff is actually selling for. Go high, because someone will buy it.
Yeah, but getting a table and spending all day in Louisville doesn't sound like much fun. Usually, I take things to sell and people buy them as I'm walking in our during my first circuit through the show.

·
RIP Stan Lee.. . .
17,154 Posts
Last couple of Vancouver WA gun show I went to had similar prices. Guns were 30%-50% over what you would normally pay. There is a well stocked local gun store that sells guns for only a bit more than what places like Sportsmans Warehouse is asking.

Sportsmans wants $580 for a CZ 75 D PCR Compact Pistol but has zero in stock. This place had one for $629 so I bought it. At the gun show they wanted $900 (OK, actually $899). 42% more than what I paid. The only value to me at the gun show was that I was able to hold a PCR and a RAMI side-by-side and decide on which one to buy.

·
RIP Stan Lee.. . .
17,154 Posts
Self-inflicted taxes on all ammunition Who thought 9 mm would be $100 a box …........
EXCEPT. . .

Unlike a tax on guns and ammo to prevent / discourage sales, EVERY firearm and EVER bullet being manufactured is being purchased by someone.

So the guns and ammo are making it into the hands of common citizens regardless of the prices. People are scared (or at least severely concerned). And for the first time in many decades even liberals are scared and are buying guns. Just proves that NO ONE believes the media or the politicians when they talk about the "peaceful protests".

·
RIP Stan Lee.. . .
17,154 Posts
If the feds announce a "buy back" you don't get to decide what to charge. They tell you what they will pay
As in. . .
For your AR. . .
You can accept a Nike gift coupon for $100 OR 5 years in jail.

Take your pick

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Last couple of Vancouver WA gun show I went to had similar prices. Guns were 30%-50% over what you would normally pay. There is a well stocked local gun store that sells guns for only a bit more than what places like Sportsmans Warehouse is asking.

Sportsmans wants $580 for a CZ 75 D PCR Compact Pistol but has zero in stock. This place had one for $629 so I bought it. At the gun show they wanted $900 (OK, actually $899). 42% more than what I paid. The only value to me at the gun show was that I was able to hold a PCR and a RAMI side-by-side and decide on which one to buy.
$580 is not that bad for a CZ 75D PCR, even $629.00 is doable in these times. I picked up a 75D for $550.00 two months ago just because I had one of those "Feelings". I already had a 75 Compact.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I really don’t care what any individual or business asks for their own property. I exercise my freedom by buying or passing. And I can’t help it if anyone chooses to get caught with their pants down concerning guns and ammo.

And, one man’s hoarding is another man’s preparedness.
.....and one man's *****ing about price gouging (again, after all these shortages) is HIS lack of preparedness

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
Yeah, but getting a table and spending all day in Louisville doesn't sound like much fun. Usually, I take things to sell and people buy them as I'm walking in our during my first circuit through the show.
Last time I sold ammo at a gun show, I made the first circuit with empty hands and open eyes.

Then I priced my ammo a little less than what I saw on tables and sold it before my second lap was complete.

·
NRA Life Member
63,383 Posts
Last time I sold ammo at a gun show, I made the first circuit with empty hands and open eyes.

Then I priced my ammo a little less than what I saw on tables and sold it before my second lap was complete.
Probably the way to go. Leave my ammo in the car and take it in (or sell it outside) after scoping things out.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I just changed the barrel on my Scorpion to a 5" and had to sight it in. I brought an entire 50 round box with me. Surprisingly, the MRO was spot on with the new barrel. But I blew through the entire box anyways. Looks like it will be a few more years before I can afford to retire.

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
I went to our gun show yesterday. I was looking for a .357 revolver, but didn't find anything I wanted. Prices weren't too out of line on guns, tho. Lots of Glocks for $599 to $625. I was tempted to buy a G19, but passed.

I wasn't paying too much attention to ammo since I knew it was going to be too high, but I did notice some S&B 9mm FMJ for $39 for a box of 50. Our local indoor range, which is owned by a commercial ammo reloading company, is usually set up selling their overpriced reloads which come with an hour of range time, but they were absent yesterday. Probably can't get primers.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Jesus Christ! Crap like that is what keeps me from shooting what little I have.

We can thank panic hoarders for this nonsense. Every election cycle, every panic....right on cue.
Many of us are not in that club. Many of us had made small purchased boxes every now and them and have some amassed.

Back in August I was at Cabelas and bought 2 of 5 packs of .223 55 grain slugs for reloads. I left the others for someone else to be able to have something too.

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
I am selling off a little of my 5.56 ammo.

MAGA !! Vote Trump and Republican on November 3rd to stop the insanity !!!!!!
FINALLY!!!
Someone willing to have “insanity” “Trump” and “Republicans” in the same sentence! That reminds me, I need to get Putin to PayPal me a few million so I can stiff my contractors and afford my accountants to not pay my taxes...

Reactions: TACLOAD
81 - 100 of 107 Posts