GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'll be a proud hypocrite myself especially if sleepy Joe some how wins and issues a "BUY BACK".
You think ammo and gun prices are crazy now
Just wait for what I charge for my personal property and the price I'll be selling it for to those who feel they have the right to buy back which they never owned to begin with.
My personal property doesn't come cheap.
Or it might not be for sale at all that's my choice.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I went to a gut show in Georgia last month and paid 120.00 for 200 rounds of 9mm ball ammo. Everything at the show was out of this world expensive. Glocks going for 1K. I did see 9mm 1K round box going for a grand, granted it was cheaper then what I bought but I wasn't going to spend that on ammo just yet. I have other guns in different calibers and have a pretty good stash. I did go shoot pretty mush all my 9mm tho, I had a new CMMG 9mm AR I needed to test. I was a great gun, just need more rounds

·
Rational
14,230 Posts
I'll be a proud hypocrite myself especially if sleepy Joe some how wins and issues a "BUY BACK".
You think ammo and gun prices are crazy now
Just wait for what I charge for my personal property and the price I'll be selling it for to those who feel they have the right to buy back which they never owned to begin with.
My personal property doesn't come cheap.
Or it might not be for sale at all that's my choice.
I might sell an old 28" Winchester shotgun that I've never shot, along with a Marlin M60 .22. But my WASR, Glock, and Ruger GP100? No way.

I'd rather be poor and armed instead of a rich victim.

·
Registered
24,681 Posts
I took 3,000 rounds of 40 S&W and two 40 S&W pistols + 1,000 rounds of Hydra-shok in 9MM to a gun show on Saturday -

The line to get in was longer than a football field - I turned around and came home.

There is a show this weekend - I may try again.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I remember back in 2012 folks were trying to sell polymer AR-15 lowers for $250.

I just waited it out, and picked up a few bushmaster lowers for $50/ea. once the hysteria passed.

New gun owners, however, who weren’t familiar with what prices should be ended up emptying their wallets. Oh well.

Reactions: Scott1970

·
Range Bum
1,132 Posts
At today's ammo and gun prices, I'm back to just compound bows and crossbows. Somebody need to shift to a different and available hobby. My cooking skills are also improving.

Reactions: NewWaveGuy

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Ladies and Gentlemen, I have your 38 super. 180 rounds of underwood, will sell it for $150 shipped anywhere it is legal to do so in the lower 48. The armscor in the pic is gone, but I still have the spent brass i would toss in too.
super.jpg

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Here's a radical thought for some.

Shoot slower. Learn to make EVERY shot count. Spend your complete range time working on double taps until they're both touching EVERY time. Start practicing for the 25-50 yard forehead shot, not the 7-10 yard mag dump. Pretty sure your gun is capable. Are you?

Yeah, ripping off a full mag dump in your G17/19 is fun, and it is, but it's all a matter of perspective.

Just my $.02.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Here's a radical thought for some.

Shoot slower. Learn to make EVERY shot count. Spend your complete range time working on double taps until they're both touching EVERY time. Start practicing for the 25-50 yard forehead shot, not the 7-10 yard mag dump. Pretty sure your gun is capable. Are you?

Yeah, ripping off a full mag dump in your G17/19 is fun, and it is, but it's all a matter of perspective.

Just my $.02.
I am not a fan of mag dumps. I always think about how much ammo costs even at the good prices I paid. I will take my time and aim. It gives me just as much pleasure. Your results may vary though. To each their own.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Reactions: chiefjack

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
I am not a fan of mag dumps. I always think about how much ammo costs even at the good prices I paid. I will take my time and aim. It gives me just as much pleasure. Your results may vary though. To each their own.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Neither am I. Hence my post.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I think what will happen is Trump gets reelected, he squashes the violent protests, dems hate life for the foreseeable future and pitch endless hissy fits, Covid mania rolls back, life normalizes, folks begin cancelling long delayed ammo orders, and ammo and reloading supplies begin to pop back up on shelves late Spring into Summer.

If I'm correct, the prudent man will have three good years to stock up on gun related items, although many will not.

·
"The Goose"
3,260 Posts
The guys at academy say people line up in the morning for ammo when they open.

Even with a two box maximum!

41 - 60 of 107 Posts