GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
I call Rural King every morning. When they get in ammo I go get what they will let me have in 9mm and some in 45acp. So far their prices haven't gone up that much. My regular gun store is price gouging bad.
Rural king has been amazing in this regard, so have a couple of my lgs but the others not so much.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I don’t even go to gun shows anymore...
Gun shows are a pain for me. I’m not interested in paying ten bucks to look at beef jerky and homemade Uncle Mike’s holsters. And I get in free if I’m on duty, but then I get worn out with endless stupid banter, “I didn’t do it”, “It wasn’t me!”, “Taze him for me”, “Billy, he’s coming to arrest you!”, “I knew a cop who was a real jerk and here’s why...”

No thanks.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I almost feel guilty for how cheap I can load my homemade cast ammo.
Don't feel guilty, feel proud and thankful that you CAN reload your own ammo. This is the American spirit that must not die.........

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Damn looks like a good time to be selling. I'd sell some if I could find someone to pay those prices.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Federal Member
29,222 Posts
Prices like that. makes me not want to go to the range. Until the prices come back down.....

Glad I have the ammo stash I have now!!

:cool:

·
Registered
580 Posts
USURY!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I am thinking about getting a different ride and I also need to get a larger $$$$$$ bag. Also, a young black gangbanger was shot to death by another black gangbanger 50 ft outside the gun show entrance on Sunday in Columbus, Ohio. Crazy times we are living in.
May want to think about getting a body guard as well! Were the gang bangers masked up? Here in MI a few shows are opening up but I read masks are mandated. I won't attend and will wait it out, just creeps me out, feeling like I am walking around inside an incubator.

Reactions: Intolerant

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
May want to think about getting a body guard as well! Were the gang bangers masked up? Here in MI a few shows are opening up but I read masks are mandated. I won't attend and will wait it out, just creeps me out, feeling like I am walking around inside an incubator.
Yes masks were required by all at the show, if the show were to be found in violation. they could be closed down.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Cabelas had 9mm 115g Herters for $10.99/50 two weeks ago. LGS had 9mm 115g Browning for $16.99 a few weeks before that. Stuff is gone quickly after a delivery. Ammo shelves are mostly empty.

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
I have always found it funny that people on this site complain about Cheaper Then Dirt being chiselers for Price gouging gun owners on ammo and such. Now here you all are talking about selling your ammo Hord for outrageous prices and thinking it's OK. Whats that term we always use against Democrats? Oh Yeah "Hypocrites".

·
Come on man!!
14,374 Posts
I think I would just buy a really powerful air rifle and have fun with it.

Today I looked at AIM Surplus, KY Guns and others and they have NO surplus guns. SG Ammo has ZERO ammo in 9 and 45. Hell, they are even almost at zero stock on .410 shells ; only one brand and 150 shells for $145.
I've got about 3000 rounds of each caliber I own, which is 5.56, 7.62x39, .357 mag, and 9mm. I've got 1000 12 gauge shells. I'm not selling any of it as this is my "stash". I usually buy what I shoot so I don't have to dig into my stash.

If this insanity keeps up I'm about to get back into archery and airguns. I haven't done either hobby since I was a kid but I'm not paying these kinds of prices for ammo.

·
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
29,109 Posts
People eschew the .40, but I bought 50 rounds last week for $20. A little high, but not nearly as bad as 9mm prices.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Can I hijack this thread and make a point even though I feel like I'm preaching to the choir here.
People need to save this thread. With the pictures so whether if you're discussing this upcoming holiday season with anti-gun friends family or your liberal buddies. Is another point how gun control doesn't and will never work.

Who was it the introduce the legislation a couple years ago that said if we constitutionally can't take guns away we'll just tax the crap out of the ammo and firearms to lower the crime rate and stop criminals.

Well we are hypothetically there now
For all intensive purposes. no purchasing of ammo over the internet. Because there is none available.
This goes for reloading supplies as well
Self-inflicted taxes on all ammunition
Who thought 9 mm would be $100 a box
Over 100% tax on guns and ammo I've seen Leo trade in Glocks that a year ago that were 300 bucks people now trying to sell for over 600 used there's your hundred percent tax or higher.

Over the past few months I'd say there is enough self-inflicted self-gun control due to supply and demand shortages with China flu new shooters and hoarding in the shooting community to make any anti-gun soccer moms panties wet.
"Remember this is all for the children"
too bad if they only new what was going on in the 2nd amendment community as of today where wish list is all but fulfilled.

Now to the final point the same small tidbit in the news 10 dead in Chicago 20 wounded typical weekend
Mass shooting in Rochester New York 2 dead 14 injured if I recall .
The ultimate point is as you should all know in here is that all guns and ammunition are unobtainium right now and the violence on the streets has not gone down if anything it's just ramping up the closer we get to this election..

....... Now my satire segment.....

"So now I'm going to try to tap into my inner liberal".
With all the ammunition and firearms gone
The defunding of those racist police and the unity brought together by the peaceful protests of the left.
No matter what small rural town or big city you may be living in currently. According to liberal logic and what I've stated above we should all be living in leftist Utopia now with all the guns and ammo all but unavailable now.

After pondering thoughts and realizing I am now "woke" I think that's the term.
I for one ran out and brought a brand new welcome all mat for my front door. I now sleep with my windows open and front door unlocked. And during the day make sure my blinds are open letting rays of light into my living room and so those less fortunate than me who may be walking past my home may catch a glimpse of the valuables in my glass curio cabinet and watch orange man bad being broadcast on CNN over my 75-in TV and to finally top it off with no gun and ammo availability I feel safe enough now to walk to the end of my yard and proudly display my Biden Harris 2020 yard sign. Knowing in the back of my mind that I'm less likely to be gunned down in my front yard now by some redneck in a jacked up truck with a trump flag on one side and a thin blue line on the other now knowing that there's no guns and ammo available.

"Writing that last paragraph almost made me throw up in my own mouth".....

But in all seriousness how safe do you and your family feel now my guess is not very safe if people are paying $100 a box or more for 9 mm.

I can't help but wonder how many of these new gun owners begrudgingly paying these prices are Democrats shopping for their first firearm and ammo walking up and down the aisles of these shows wondering what the gun show loophole is.........
,..... new gun owner to dealer at gun show..... "What do you mean I just gave you $900 for a used Glock and you're telling me I can't come back and get it for 7 days that stupid I thought I could walk right out of here with it""""""…........

·
Registered
3,804 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I have always found it funny that people on this site complain about Cheaper Then Dirt being chiselers for Price gouging gun owners on ammo and such. Now here you all are talking about selling your ammo Hord for outrageous prices and thinking it's OK. Whats that term we always use against Democrats? Oh Yeah "Hypocrites".

I really don’t care what any individual or business asks for their own property. I exercise my freedom by buying or passing. And I can’t help it if anyone chooses to get caught with their pants down concerning guns and ammo.

And, one man’s hoarding is another man’s preparedness.

21 - 40 of 107 Posts