Input for LE Glock 23 customization

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by MPD280, Mar 5, 2005.

1. MPD280

MPD280

I have a well used G23 that has been my primary duty weapon for 5 years now. The pistol has had countless rounds fired through it, has a great deal of holster wear, and lots of nicks and dings, mostly around the right side of the magazine well due to a few altercations that have ended up on the ground. I have been thinking of purchasing a new G31, and probably will in the future, but for right now I think I will have some work done to what I have.
    I'd like to have it refinished, and probably replace some of the internal parts plus finally replace the factory sights with some night sights. I have some ideas from searching on this site, but would like some input from anyone who has any on what I should do with it. Thanks.

2. twostepct

twostepct

Only thing I can say is the extended magazine release. I never had a problem with mine on my 23, until I got used to the extended one on my issue 17. Also, depending on what generation it is (my 17 is 2nd gen) you may want to put one of the hogue grips on.

3. IV Troop

IV Troop

I would send it back to Glock and ask for a rebuild and refinish. They are very LE friendly and will take care of you. Plus you know it will be done right and if anyone (Dept admin) ever make an issue of it, you can tell them it was done at the factory so there will be no issue.

IV Troop