Innova is great food!!

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by David9966, May 28, 2007.

1. GThirtyTwo

GThirtyTwo Amor patriae

I agree. I have 3 dogs and they most of the time dont even eat their full bowl of food they get twice a day, which in itself is 25% less than what I fed them of the cheap stuff. I use Innova Evo adult dog...they seem to love it and appear healthier.

2. Critter

Critter Guest

These are the exact same results that I have had since I switched my boys to Timberwolf food and a raw diet. My 8 year old is in better shape now that he has ever been, and the two younger dogs, as well as the older, have had ZERO health issues.

3. ppk/sfan

ppk/sfan Guest

:bump:

I know this is a little bit older thread...but I also wanted to say thanks to all the dog experts here who have posted their food recommendations. I just got a new puppy & obviously want the best nutrition for her. I used to have large parrots and know from that experience that their health problems decreased ENORMOUSLY when I switched them to an organic, all natural human grade food.

All that being said - Molly came to me at 11 weeks of age having been weaned onto Puppy Chow. I, having already read this and other threads about nutrition, started her on Solid Gold puppy formula. Why Solid Gold? Well, it's been recommended by several people & it's available in my local pet stores easily. I may add Innova or some of the others when she's fully transitioned...I will have to see.

Just wanted to say thanks!

4. compassman

compassman

Solid Gold is excellent food and I highly recommend it.:thumbsup:

5. ppk/sfan

ppk/sfan Guest

GOOD! So far she's been on it a week (I've only HAD her a week) and I'm mixing Puppy chow 3/4; Solid Gold 1/4. I can ALREADY see a difference in her coat. We shall see what her new vet says on Monday!

6. compassman

compassman

No, don't mix

With food such as Solid Gold you don't have to blend slowly. Regardless what people say. We have been working with rescues for years and soon realized the faster you can get a dog off the junk food habit the better. It's all the non-edible, chemicals, crap, junk and fillers that are in low quality dog food that causes that problem. Take the puppy chow and throw it away. Don't continue to feed that garbage. Feed Solid Gold recommended amount twice a day. Some friends feed once a day. Dogs are not human and don't need three squares a day. The Solid Gold should have the recommended servings for your size dog and you can vary it from there. We sometimes feed Solid Gold. Remember you will need less Solid Gold then Puppy Chow. The dog actually might gain weight if you feed the same amount. It's really easy to control a dogs weight with high quality food. If you have any problems trying to figure out what the proper amount they have a website. Send a letter to Solid Gold or call them and let them know how well your dog is doing. We need to support companies that us only ingredients from the US.

The great thing about using high quality dog food is the ability to switch flavors. You can feed solids Golds lamb, fish or Bison. When you run out of Solid Gold or you can't get any that’s ok you can easily switch to another HIGH QUALITY dog food. In the morning we sometimes feed dehydrated raw and kibble in the afternoon. Sometimes kibble in the morning and raw chicken necks in the afternoon. Sometimes all raw and sometimes all kibble. Before switching from raw to kibble you need to wait a few hours. Different enzymes break down the food different.