Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
emeritus
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like anything from IF, it is a well built work of art that will last a lifetime. I hate it. The reason I hate it is because of the bins. The bins move around as they free float and I have actually had one or the other fall off at one time or another, loaded or empty.

I ordered the IF arm for the Dillon factory bullet tray. This costs substantially more and is the reason I didn't buy it originally. Shame on me. I'm a buy once, cry once type of person.

The arm will fit in one of those USPS packages. I'll keep the bins. The bins can be bought cheaply from Uline. The bins say Uline right on them. HERE.

If you are a Reloading forum regular whom I recognize, I'll give it to you. It would be great if you threw some cash to at least cover the shipping. First come, first served.

·
Registered
37,319 Posts

·
Scottish Member
12,903 Posts
Like anything from IF, it is a well built work of art that will last a lifetime. I hate it. The reason I hate it is because of the bins. The bins move around as they free float and I have actually had one or the other fall off at one time or another, loaded or empty.

I ordered the IF arm for the Dillon factory bullet tray. This costs substantially more and is the reason I didn't buy it originally. Shame on me. I'm a buy once, cry once type of person.

The arm will fit in one of those USPS packages. I'll keep the bins. The bins can be bought cheaply from Uline. The bins say Uline right on them. HERE.

If you are a Reloading forum regular whom I recognize, I'll give it to you. It would be great if you threw some cash to at least cover the shipping. First come, first served.
Awfully nice of you to offer it for free.

I guess you are using the IF mount and the Dillion will not fit?

I just went with the Dillion strong mount and the Dillion tray/tray mount.

·
Registered
625 Posts

Strange. I use the IF double bin setup with their strong mount for my Dillon SDB and it works
Perfectly. I must've misunderstood something...

·
Brass picker
671 Posts
I have a old 650 and an even older 550. On the 550 I load seated and the press is mounted directly to the bench with no riser. I use a plastic coffee can lid to hold Bullets on the left side and a plastic coffee can cut off at about 1” tall to hold cases on the right side. The low profile of these eliminate reaching “into” a container as both Bullets and cases are essentially flat at bench top level.
The 650 it has a case feeder and I really like the Dillon bullet tray because it has low sides and is easy to retrieve Bullets. I usually don’t even have to take my eyes off the press to grab a bullet.

Reactions: BillKilgore

·
emeritus
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awfully nice of you to offer it for free.

I guess you are using the IF mount and the Dillion will not fit?

I just went with the Dillion strong mount and the Dillion tray/tray mount.
Yes. You need to have the IF mount or be willing to mount the arm directly to the bench. The arm is great. I hate the bins. Too deep and too loose on the arm. On a few occasions, one or the other have fallen off.

IF makes another arm for the IF mount but uses the Dillon tray. Both were sitting on my desk when I got home today.

This is the hot ticket.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
No, that's why is runs so good after all these years! It's like a Glock, you can't trust a clean one... This one will be ready to clean when it reaches 15,000 rounds.....

View attachment 989731
Oh good. Now I don't feel so bad about my Glocks.

Funny thing is that your cleaning interval will surpass the total round count that many will ever put on a gun in its lifetime.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Any guilt I had about not cleaning my guns has evaporated.

·
Registered
7,417 Posts
The thing about Glocks is they only need to lubed and a clean bore. The rest of the crud just goes along for the ride.

·
Registered
7,417 Posts
9x45 didn't you leave a zero [0] out of your round count in post no. 13?
No, I usually shoot 15,000-20,000 rounds a year in competition. 15,000 is not that much. Figure 6 matches a month, for 11 months, at 200 rounds per match, plus 200-400 rounds in practice, it adds up quickly.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Sorry 9x45, I know you lube your Glocks regularly but I thought you cleaned them only about every 100.000 rounds.
Are you sure that photo is not of the 200,000 round Glock without cleaning.:)

·
Registered
7,417 Posts
No,.... clean the bore after every match, and lube. And that G17 is now over 300K rounds. That is the problem with Glocks, they never wear out, no reason to ever buy another one. My last Glock was 1998 (used then)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts