Initial range report on IWI Masada ORP

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by fnfalman, Jul 27, 2019.

1. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

The sights are made out of steel.

tercel89 likes this.
  2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

As far as I know, there's only one magazine that fits and works in this gun.

3. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I pumped another 200-rounds of Remington 115-grains ball ammo through the red dot mounted Masada. It cycled the gun fine with both red dot and tactical light mounted. I'd like to find a couple of subsonic loads and a lightweight bullet load to try out and see if the gun still cycles reliably as currently configured.

The indoors range had a 50-yard line, so I ran the target all the way out to see what happens. That red dot sure makes shooting a lot easier.

I also let two other people tried out the gun. The guy is a fairly experienced shooter and the gal is a novice who barely got into the whole shooting scene because she wanted to have something for self-defense. She was practicing on her SR22 and it broke - story for a different thread. Just as I thought, they both struggled with finding the red dot. I need to mount a set of silencer height iron sights on this pistol both for backup purposes and for using the front sight as a reference to find a red dot if I were to have people unfamiliar with shooting red dots on handguns playing with this pistol.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

pike bishop likes this.
  4. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight

Give some a try, using dummy rounds. The Israelis are usually pretty "big picture" about that stuff. The Galili for example used M14 magazines. I would bet the Masada does not use a proprietary mag, or if does, it's just the follower that's unique. Nothing they would publicize, so you could be Christopher Columbus discovery man on this topic

5. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Consider that the IWI US website specifically said that mags for Jericho pistols are only for Jerichos and mags for Masada are only for Masada, I don't know what I am supposed to try. Do I just randomly buy mags from different manufacturers and try them out in the Masada?

6. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight

Liability thing. I doubt IWI paid for unique tooling and production of those mag bodies from Italy mec gar. Again, maybe follower unique. But to answer your Q just try some mags from guns you own, Glock, CZ especially any other mec gars

7. checkyoursix

checkyoursix

I can see the merit in this. I found out absolutely by chance the Sphinx SDP magazines work perfectly in the Archon Type B, including going to slide lock. You never know.

PattonWasRight and fnfalman like this.
  8. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

That's pretty cool.

Usually one can make an educated guess via the type of pistols (i.e. CZ-75 type/CZ-75 clone type), but the Archon B isn't even close to a CZ-75.

BTW, CZ-75B mags will fit in the Sphinx SDP Compact and Subcompact, albeit they stick out the bottom.

checkyoursix and PattonWasRight like this.
  9. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

True. I'll have to look and see which factory mag/CZ mag have similar bodies then give it a whirl.

PattonWasRight likes this.
  10. checkyoursix

checkyoursix

I had read that. Oddly the Cz 75 mag I have does not work in the Archon, only the SDP mags do.

11. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

That's weird. I know the CZ75B mags work in the SDP Compact and Subcompact because I've tried them out myself with my own Sphinxes.