close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

inherited gnu

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side' started by Bill Powell, Jun 27, 2004.

1. Bill Powell

Bill Powell Cross Member CLM

a gentleman, a tile layer by trade, went to the reading of his uncle's will, and discovered he'd inherited a gnu, a big, ugly member of the antelope family. he took the gnu home, and put him in the back yard til he could find a home for the beast.

an hour or two later he looked out in the back yard and saw an amazing thing. the gnu had collected all his tile laying tools, and was laying tile like a pro. he thought this had to be a fluke, so he took away the tools and materials, and scattered them about the yard. not half an hour later the gnu was back at it again, laying a perfect tile pattern. after he had done this enough to totally eliminate the fluke factor, he called in some reporters.

after observing the gnu collecting the tools and laying tile, repeatedly, one of the reporters approached the man and asked, "I have watched this gnu in action enough to know this is a planned activity on his part. but, tell me, tell me what kind of gnu this is that can lay tile like a professional?"

guy thought about it for a moment and said, "OH, HE'S JUST A TYPICAL GNU, AND TILER, TOO."

2. Bill Powell

Bill Powell Cross Member CLM

reader's digest use to run one of these a month, years ago. there was THE BEER THAT MADE MEL FAMEY WALK US, and there was ROY ROGERS' NEW SHOES, and there was LEGEND OF THE GREAT FOO BIRD, and one or two others that i will remember later..........people just get a pained look, and wish you would go away, when you tell these stories.

usually i just remember the punch line, and the general outline, and make the rest of it up as i go along.

an eastern airlines pilot told years ago about a radio transmission he had heard from a cajun pilot, flying a cessna 310D. his plane got hit by ball lightning, and he announced to no one in particular, "hoo-weee, hot damn, that scared the crap clean outa me, and i aint afeered o' nuttin.........."