close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ingat saa

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by MRV_G17, Oct 24, 2006.

1. MRV_G17

MRV_G17

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/storypage.aspx?StoryId=54141
    as of 5:24 PM)

DZMM reporter falls prey to thieves

The chief reporter of radio station DZMM fell victim to suspected thieves who took P300,000 worth of his belongings including guns, ammunition and an expensive wrist watch that were in his parked vehicle, ABS-CBN News reported Tuesday.

Angelo Almonte said the thieves managed to break into Tamaraw FX, which was parked at a Shell gasoline station near the South Luzon Expressway-Malampasan Tollway in Biñan, Laguna, on Saturday.

Among the items stolen were a Magnum .357 revolver, a .40 caliber pistol, a .45 caliber pistol, a Rolex watch, a cellular phone unit, a purse and a two-way radio. Almonte said most of the items were inside two black bags.

He said the incident took place at around 6:30 p.m. when he and his family stopped at the gasoline station. Almonte said they came from Calamba, Laguna, where he conducted a seminar on proper gun handling. Almonte is a gun enthusiast and a licensed firearms owner.

He immediately alerted the police after discovering the heist. With reports from Alex Santos, Dennis Gasgonia

2. MRV_G17

MRV_G17

3. Valor1

Valor1 Range Bum

Comment lang. Cars are always easy prey to this kind of thieves. They seem to have a third eye, third nose and third sense as to knowing which cars to hit. Kaya ako I never leave valuables inside my car. if I must, there are ways to hide it. if ever they discover it, sigurado kasama ng kinuha iyong kotse ko. ingat na lang.

4. jimbullet

jimbullet

Best if possible is for one to park their cars where you can see it from a distance.

5. HEAVY

HEAVY "Verify!"

that is very scary.

6. bikethief

bikethief itchy trigger

Keep your firearms on your person whenever possible. I always have mine holstered even around the house or, at the very least, within arms reach. It's only an advantage when you have control over it. When it's not, then it's a very serious liability.

Plus, I don't want to have to run back to my car if I need my gun. Baka lumamig ulo ko on the way back!:supergrin:

7. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze Notorious

Agreed. This almost happened to some fellow gunclub members in the 90's, they were leaving a club shoot they were blocked by 2 owner jeeps. They were also relieved of their FA's and their watches...good thing one of them had tactical training AND had a .38 snub in his pocket, and not in his gun bag... how did it end? Let's just say that the bad guys didn't get to see their day in court. :devildance:

Won't mention names, hint na lang...the firing range was the one near Bilibid.

8. 9MX

9MX Rei!

my heart goes out to Angelo, he is an active IPSC shooter from the media sector.

9. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze Notorious

Could it be that this was an inside job? I mean, someone who knew that he would be carrying these items was in on it? In the case I mentioned above, one of the robbers was later known to be someone who was usually at the range, so he knew that the shooters only had PTT's so they kept their gear in the trunk...(he didn't know that one guy had a PTC and carried his snub 24/7!)

This news makes me very nervous because the break-in thieves are now an ARMED group, and since Mr. Almonte was an avid shooter, these guns must not be comparable to the paltiks usually used by street criminals.

10. Allegra

Allegra

Just check out the stickers sa car
    If it's got ppsa stickers there's a good chance may racegun naka singit under the seat, matting or theres gear in the trunk especially on weekends

if it's got progun /protected by 357 stickers, well.....there could be magazines about guns nakakalat sa loob :)

11. kristiansen

kristiansen Birdwatcher

yup.stickers.kind of a "disadvantage",in my opinion.

12. G19cPH

G19cPH

+1:thumbsup:

13. Allegra

Allegra

Almost had my gun stolen jan sa shaw blvrd. years ago
    Whe I returned sa kotse ko , the door was open , my gun was in the car seat
    I guess seconds lang pagitan namin , nakita agad ako nung look out
    The bg didnt even have enough time to tuck the gun in his person
    o baka nacheapan siya sa baril ko hehe

14. isuzu

isuzu

I agree. They are a big disadvantage especially that the rebels are renewing their "agaw-armas" campaign. Same with bukas kotse gangs. Having a gun club sticker or a PPSA sticker on your vehicle is a dead giveaway.

Like ants being attracted to a jar of sugar.

15. Allegra

Allegra

depende din sa sticker :)
    during the 90's , I used to tape a RAM/AFP sticker on my windshield :) kahit san ko iwan yung car , wala nag attempt :)

16. bikethief

bikethief itchy trigger

"Basta Shooter, Sweet Lover..."
    "My other gun is a 1911..."
    "Powered by Pulbura!..."
    "Happiness is a warm gun..."

'Yan ang mga tipo ng stickers na dapat katakutan!

17. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

Don't forget the "Baby on Board" sticker that has a drawing of an Armalite instead of a baby rattle on it :)

18. Valor1

Valor1 Range Bum

Kaya ako pinalitan ko iyung ProGun Sticker ng "Make Love not War." Maraming pang options yan:

1) "For proper Hygiene, don't re-use rubbers." from the makers of Trust
    2) "I left my gun for shooting. If you need something else, just leave your number."
    3) "Never mind the alarm, there's nothing to rob."
    4) "This car is protected, look behind you."

19. toxic

toxic

everytime i go out of town to shoot , i make it a point na dala ko lahat ng mga valuables /gamit ko pag bababa ng sasakyan or i have a buddy stay near the car sa mga di maiiwasang mga rest stops. Macarnap man kotse me insurance, pag mga gamit ang nawala wala ng magagawa kundi magkamot ng ulo.

My nephew lost his Car sterio, CP ,Colt and 100k sa parking lot ng isang Church sa Bulacan ayon nagkamot na lang ng ulo sya pa naimbestigahan kung bakit may colt na dala.

20. G19cPH

G19cPH

Saan sa Bulacan?