Info on Simson Suhl Makarov

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by kcramer, Oct 14, 2010.

1. kcramer

kcramer

Hey fellas, A while back I bought a "Simson Suhl" marked Makarov. I haven't really been able to find a whole lot of information on this pistol. The info I have found has been pretty vague. Can anyone out there tell me a little more about this particular piece? Lastly, what is this thing worth? I paid a good bit more than what the average Maks cost but it was my understanding that this was not the average Mak.

2. g-love

g-love

3. Herb Twoleaf

Herb Twoleaf qxPfZzhK

East German. Cream o' the crop quality-wise. I haven't seen one for sale just lately, but a year or two ago they were edging over $250; prolly up well past $300 by now.

4. GIockGuy24

GIockGuy24 Bliksem

The German Mak's seem to have a bit more of a "hump" in the feed ramp. This often makes feeding hollow points difficult. Some people grind down the hump but I like to keep them original if they haven't been messed with. I use FMJ bullets in them anyway.

5. Berto

Berto woo woo

Lots of stuff came out of Simson Suhl over the years, including the the E German makarov.
    Suhl is a town and production facility, guns like that were made from parts in the mid 90's.